Hi - New Skoad Rapid Spaceback owner - 1.2 tsi 105ps

Hi,

I am a previous user of the forum under the superb section but I've rently had my eyes turned by a new Rapid Spaceback. I was happy with my Superb but it was a bit of an impulse purchase and I discovered this forum a little late to have advance warning of leaking pollen filters and undesirable 2.0 diesels! It behaved and drove well but was a bit of a beast and not too economical.

So I was waiting until September to change it but my dealer tempted me in with a special offer weekend. I was impressed by the Rapid Spaceback already but I was a little wary of a 1.2 petrol engine as I'm 6'8" tall 20(ish) stone with an equally big family. I took the 1.2 demonstrator out and was pleasantly surprised, so I took it home for the afternoon and took the family out for a drive around the local Devon hills. I went back to the dealer, trying to hide my enthusiasm, but he smelt blood!

I went for the finance deal which means a monthly cost interest free 42 months and I can trade in, walk away, or pay a wad to keep (dealers dream I am). So here are some pics of the new car. I'm still in the honeymoon period but it did 430 miles for 47.5 litres of dealer petrol (approx 41 mpg) - so I'm pleased with the economy, and it should get better. Very pleased with it so far:

Edit - I did wonder about displaying my number plate and some people seem to hide theirs on here - seems sensible!

post-102153-0-76610900-1395348976_thumb.jpg

post-102153-0-86795800-1395348980_thumb.jpg

post-102153-0-40328100-1395348986_thumb.jpg

post-102153-0-78537800-1395350339_thumb.jpg

post-102153-0-31030500-1395350342_thumb.jpg

post-102153-0-64193800-1395350345_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tall Order
  • Like 3

Lovely looking motor mate. Looks great in silver with the ray wheels and panoramic roof. Style pack and rays are must! Great choice.

Sent using my right thumb

• Like 1

Nice ride! Enjoy it!

About license plates, my opinion is that a whole lot more people than in this forum, see them on the road, coz thats what these are for: to be seen. Either way license plates are not ours, they are owned by the state. We just use them

looks nice aim going to look at one to day like the top of the range model  red with the cream colour with the glass roof

mite go for the 1.2 tsi  engine. good engine had this with the roomster no probs  

• Like 1

Yeah the engine really is a wee gem. Drive it sensibly and it unbelievably good on fuel, unfortunately I quite like the growl it emits when it goes Vrooooom hence the 36 odd Mpg. Mind you seeing as I was getting about he same in my previous car which was a diesel then I'm happy

• Like 1