Thule tow ball bike carrie versus parking sensors

I'm about to use a Thule 'tow ball 9503 rideon' bike carrier. My Rapid has a swan neck tow bar. I guess this will set off the parking sensors - anyone know how I can get around this. Do I need to switch them off somehow when using the bike carrier? Cheers guys.

The parking sensors will be set off only during reverse, so i dont think that will be a problem. When reversing with a haul you should always trust yourself and not any park sensors. So just ignore the park sensors when in reverse with your haul

If they are factory fitted Skoda parking sensors then they will be disabled once something is plugged into 7 or 13 pin socket.

If you already get a visual display of the sensors on your stereo, then there should also be a picture of a trailer appearing in place if the parking sensor bars.

No need for you to do anything.

I cannot confirm this on a Rapid, but it does it on Octavias, Superbs and Yetis, so I see no reason why it wouldn't on a Rapid as well.

Then you'll be fine. Should get a visual on the display and the rear sensors should cut out once the trailer (or whatever) is plugged in.

• 2 weeks later...

Sure does!

The good news is that the DVLA have finally sent me an amended V5C showing the correct model name of my Rapid. Fxxxxxg Royal Mail had managed to lose the first one I posted to the DVLA, despite being sent 'first class signed for'. A shower!

Did you receive your amended V5C Billy?

The good news is that the DVLA have finally sent me an amended V5C showing the correct model name of my Rapid. Fxxxxxg Royal Mail had managed to lose the first one I posted to the DVLA, despite being sent 'first class signed for'. A shower!

I ordered some stamps from the Royal Mail themselves last week; they posted them Monday "guaranteed by 1pm next day". They arrived on Thursday.

• 4 weeks later...

They're factory-fitted, yes. Thanks for the feedback, sounds good!

hi,got the same type rack on my little fabia,great job,although with my hatchback i need to put a number plate on rack,as mine cant be seen with the 2 bikes up

Cheers Billy, I got a numberplate for £10, just clips on doesn't it, quality. These 'Rideon' carriers get excellent reviews everywhere you look eg Wiggle and Amazon.

One question, the instructions tell you to use petrol/solvent on the tow ball prior to attaching the carrier. Anyone know why?