Headlight bulbs on FL SE models

YETIFIRST

Apologies if this has already been covered.  I'm thinking of getting a (FL) Yeti SE 140 ps diesel.  Are the dipped headlights any better than the pre-FL models?  My current and previous Yetis were treated to some nice Philips + 100% bulbs which made a huge difference.  The only drawback was the loss of skin on the back of my right hand and I'm hoping that access is easier on the FL models - has anyone tried a DIY bulb upgrade yet? 

Richard T

Can't comment about the classic yeti lights but my FL 140 elegance headlights are fantastic, I doubt I have ever had better on any car I have owned. (Not sure if the SE comes with Xenons as standard like the Elegance tho., so worth double checking that)

On the grounds that they are now using 2 H7 bulbs instead of 1 H4 I suspect that they are going to be better, but even more improved using the Phillips/Osram high power versions.

Apologies if this has already been covered.  I'm thinking of getting a (FL) Yeti SE 140 ps diesel.  Are the dipped headlights any better than the pre-FL models?  My current and previous Yetis were treated to some nice Philips + 100% bulbs which made a huge difference.  The only drawback was the loss of skin on the back of my right hand and I'm hoping that access is easier on the FL models - has anyone tried a DIY bulb upgrade yet? 

Richard T

:hi: Copied and pasted from my topic here http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/298751-well-the-new-fl-is-home/ have a read of my first impresions.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Change the dip beam bulbs to the nightbreaker unlimited today, they are supposed to be easy, OK if you have the hands of a 4 year old, after you have struggled to turn the cap off its just a case of pushing the connector plug still attached to the bulb down and it comes out from the top clip,  swap the bulb and put it back in   :giggle:,  its fun trying to get the tab lined up again to push it back in, two lamps took 30mins   :giggle: but all done now.

The main beam look like H7 as well but did not take them out because the cover is in a bit tighter space and when removed the bulbs are even harder to get to, but they have the same plug and base as the dipped beam,  god knows how you get to the DRLs and indicator,  had a look at the fogs they are simple, use the trim removing tool supplied in the boot to pull the trim above the fog out, remove two securing nuts and the fog comes out.    

• 2 months later...

:hi: Copied and pasted from my topic here http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/298751-well-the-new-fl-is-home/ have a read of my first impresions.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Change the dip beam bulbs to the nightbreaker unlimited today, they are supposed to be easy, OK if you have the hands of a 4 year old, after you have struggled to turn the cap off its just a case of pushing the connector plug still attached to the bulb down and it comes out from the top clip,  swap the bulb and put it back in   :giggle:,  its fun trying to get the tab lined up again to push it back in, two lamps took 30mins   :giggle: but all done now.

The main beam look like H7 as well but did not take them out because the cover is in a bit tighter space and when removed the bulbs are even harder to get to, but they have the same plug and base as the dipped beam,  god knows how you get to the DRLs and indicator,  had a look at the fogs they are simple, use the trim removing tool supplied in the boot to pull the trim above the fog out, remove two securing nuts and the fog comes out.    

I had the same problem with my daughters Polo until I Googled to find the correct and easy method. Not sure if it is similar on the Yeti though as I am still waiting for ours to arrive but I hope they have taken that lead., 2 screws on top of the grill panel and the whole headlamp can be pulled our to change the lamps. Can this be confirmed by an owner.

I understood the HID's do the dipping from low to high beam.

I had HID's on my pre F/L and have got HID's on my F/L both Elegance models,

The new F/L headlamps I can confirm are much much better. :beer: