vRS and S3

I'd get it in writing that it does include VAT,..or just get it in writing as that is a flipping good deal!

Ha, got the contract, in black & white, signed sealed & delivered :) ordered last week.

If anyone is seriously interested I would be happy to PM them the details. I have already shared the deal with one other Briskodian who I believe is in the process of ordering. :)

I think these deals are finished now, funny that eh?

I agree, they'd have to be a sizeable final value being held by the lease company and even so it would have to be well over £20k to make those numbers.

It's a lease rather than a PCP so different kettle of fish. Cracking deal though - there is a fairly substantial thread on pistonheads but these deals are now ended I think.

Lovely cars!

I have a sneaky feeling you are right :( I did look earlier today & noticed the prices have been pulled off the website & replaced with 'Call'

Yes, but what is the final "balloon" payment? That's what would make the big difference to the monthly repayments! The higher the final GFV the less deposit (equity) you have come change time,

Doesn't matter on a personal lease as you just hand it back.

I don't believe there is any value in the car at hand back day.

Boxter easy, standard 911 (not an S or Turbo) its VERY close. But given they usually aren't expecting it so 'give you a chance', then realise as you pull away that it's an SUV with sub 5 second 0-60 times and have to try and catch up, they lose! Also - on the move, the immediate torque (650nm!!) out drags anything from a rolling start.

TBH - just the fact that you almost keep up with any super car usually ****es them off!

Even a standard Carrera with PDK would eat an SQ5 on a standing start. Yes the SQ5 has huge torque but it is also (I'm guessing here) over half a tonne heavier. That's a lot of weight to overcome. Even a 997/2 non S Carrera PDK has a 0-60 mph time of 4.3 secs ( Autocar road test figure).

None of which detracts from the fact that the SQ5 is indecently quick for a big diesel powered SUV of course.

Edited by Timoctav

.the SQ5 sounds very good but as for embarrassing a Porsche - dependent on which Porsche of course....a base Boxster maybe, any 911 definitely not!!

Or if there are corners... none of the above. :)

Comparing only on it's "party trick" of deploying big torque in a straight line though, it's in with a chance if you catch the other driver napping.

I test drove an SQ5, wasn't that impressed.

It's a point and shoot car.  Too tall and heavy.

Good as a family SUV so Dad can still have a bit of fun sometimes though.

• Like 1

Ha, got the contract, in black & white, signed sealed & delivered :) ordered last week.

If anyone is seriously interested I would be happy to PM them the details. I have already shared the deal with one other Briskodian who I believe is in the process of ordering. :)

I need the space so will stick with my VRS although my mates after one and not sure he's seen this deal, please pm me the details and I'll pass them on,..

Or if there are corners... none of the above. :)

Comparing only on it's "party trick" of deploying big torque in a straight line though, it's in with a chance if you catch the other driver napping.

I think you hit the nail on the head - it's a party trick, silly and unexpected torque catching people napping. I'm under no illusion that come to a twisty bit and a Fiat 500 will out run me (although for an SUV, it's pretty damn good in the corners!). I have a Toyota MR2 with an Elise engine when I want to really drive quick/properly - the SQ5 is the practical shed that keeps my road rage under control through it's ability to overtake in small gaps!

• Like 2

Want an SUV sports car in one then by all accounts the new Porsche Macan would fit the bill nicely. Yes based on the Audi Q5 but different and better in every way, but at a price! and over a year long waiting list......

• Like 1

Want an SUV sports car in one then by all accounts the new Porsche Macan would fit the bill nicely. Yes based on the Audi Q5 but different and better in every way, but at a price! and over a year long waiting list......

Yes, that does look impressive.

I'm happy with a brisk Yeti and something stupidly quick for weekends though.

• Like 1

Yes, that does look impressive.

I'm happy with a brisk Yeti and something stupidly quick for weekends though.

Similar situation here, my Octavia ideal for the long weekly commute, and quick enough, but a nice sunny weekend and out comes the 400 bhp plaything !

• Like 1

The Macan for me is WAAAAY to expensive (like for like gadgets its £20k more than the SQ), and to get the same performance it has to be petrol so MPG is out the window, the Macan Diesel S is 50bhp down on the SQ5. I'm sure it goes round corners a bit better, and has a slightly better ride (if you spec the air suspension), but that's not really the point of a fast SUV - I figure their only use is moving large numbers of people/stuff in comfort and overtaking things with ease?

We are way off topic now!

• Like 1

Not really.

It started with pics on an S3 in the Octavia mk3 section and we've been discussing toys and fast Audis (and competitors) ever since. :)

• Like 4

400bhp what?

Porsche 997/2 Carrera S PDK with X-51 Powerkit. Same drivetrain as the Carrera GTS but without the wide body and centre lock wheels.

post-102014-0-86226500-1395606828_thumb.jpg

Edited by Timoctav
  • Like 1

Porsche Carrera 997/2C2S PDK with X-51 Powerkit. Same drivetrain as the Carrera GTS but without the wide body and centre lock wheels.

Nice toy.

Even though I'm not a Porsche fan really, I can appreciate that's a fun car and reasonably quick. :thumbup:

Nice toy.

Even though I'm not a Porsche fan really, I can appreciate that's a fun car and reasonably quick. :thumbup:

0-60 mph in 3.9 secs and a top speed of 189 mph is quick enough for me! (GTS figures). Sports exhaust, that comes with the Powerkit is the icing on the cake. Edited by Timoctav
  • Like 1

0-60 mph in 3.9 secs and a top speed of 189 mph is quick enough for me! (GTS figures)

When you've had a few Nissan GT-Rs you kind of get spoiled for performance and it screws up your perception of other cars.

I do appreciate that's quick though.

My last one (mildly tuned) used to see me overtaking Porsche GT3 RS's, Turbos etc... at Silverstone on track days without any problems.

My third one (new MY14 model) arrived last Friday.

I'd still rather drive the Yeti day to day though. :D

The Macan for me is WAAAAY to expensive (like for like gadgets its £20k more than the SQ), and to get the same performance it has to be petrol so MPG is out the window, the Macan Diesel S is 50bhp down on the SQ5. I'm sure it goes round corners a bit better, and has a slightly better ride (if you spec the air suspension), but that's not really the point of a fast SUV - I figure their only use is moving large numbers of people/stuff in comfort and overtaking things with ease?

You tend to get what you pay for though - and unusually for a Porsche the Macan comes pretty well equipped as standard.

When you've had a few Nissan GT-Rs you kind of get spoiled for performance and it screws up your perception of other cars.

My last one (mildly tuned) used to see me overtaking Porsche GT3 RS's, Turbos etc... at Silverstone on track days without any problems.

My third one (brand new MY14 model) arrived last Friday.

Driven the GT-R and didn't really do it for me - but insanely fast for the price. Bit too much of a Playstation experience for me somehow. Each to their own and can understand the appeal, however. Edited by Timoctav

Driven the GT-R and didn't really do it for me - but insanely fast for the price. Bit too much of a Playstation experience for me somehow. Each to their own and can understand the appeal, however.

A common critisicm.

They come alive when you get them close to the limits.

You can't really do that on the road, but on track when you have been trained to drive one they are immense.

• Like 1