vRS and S3

OK - I'm back from looking at 997 4S Cabrio PDK's now...

Damnit - I hate it when I go on forums - someone always comes up with a cool car I want!

You are right there - I prefer the C2S rather than 4S though.

• Like 1

See now I kept thinking the GT-R performance:price ratio couldn't be beaten. But they are getting a bit common now for me - I like different. I also have a 300ZX Twin Turbo (450bhp odd) so I definitely get the fast Nissan thing!

You are right there - I prefer the C2S rather than 4S though.

Between the MR2 (which being mid engine is like a spinning top once it gets sideways!), and the 300ZX I have enough RWD action in my life. I want a road going point and shoot without making a mess in my pants (too often). Hence the SQ5 now, and thinking to replace it S1 (and now a 4S!).

Edited by josedebardi
  • Like 1

.....My third one (new MY14 model) arrived last Friday.

I'd still rather drive the Yeti day to day though. :D

Same here with the Octavia, nice and relaxing for day to day grind. I find if I don't drive the Porker for a bit I appreciate it all the more when I do go out to play.

Enjoy your latest GT-R!

• Like 1

See now I kept thinking the GT-R performance:price ratio couldn't be beaten. But they are getting a bit common now for me - I like different. I also have a 300ZX Twin Turbo (450bhp odd) so I definitely get the fast Nissan thing!

I guess it depends where you live.  Quite partial to being different too. Although my choice is based on what blows me away.

Here I probably see one every two or three weeks, yet I see more than that many 911s every day.

The 300 sounds interesting, they really catch people out. :thumbup:

I have a tweaked 550bhp 22 year old Skyline GT-R and that's a real hoot at just about any speed! :D

So I get the whole older/more involving drive thing.  Still working on my lap times with it as it's a bit of an animal.

Same here with the Octavia, nice and relaxing for day to day grind. I find if I don't drive the Porker for a bit I appreciate it all the more when I do go out to play.

100%.

• Like 1

@ kenny - I certainly was unimpressed with the one I drove - but as I said previously maybe other variants are better. - I read in one of the forums that the Golf R is set up much better although I would find that strange - and as the Octavia is less of an overtly hot hatch in character it might suit that car better

• Like 1

Man I need a better job!  :think: Would folk please stop mentioning cars I'd love to own but can't afford let alone justify just now?! Pretty please?  :D

A mate had an S3 after she moved to the sticks and wanted something 4wd for the winter. I think it lasted a matter of months before she sold it and went back to a Focus RS. Too much lag and not quick enough apparently. 

Sadly I'm wasn't trusted enough to get a shot of either so can't comment! The RS was surprisingly comfy though although the exhaust drone would get a bit tiring on a long drive.

I really wished I'd got for a petrol engine car this time but a compromise had to be made somewhere.

• Like 1

.......A mate had an S3 after she moved to the sticks and wanted something 4wd for the winter. I think it lasted a matter of months before she sold it and went back to a Focus RS. Too much lag and not quick enough apparently. 

Not just me then... :giggle:

Nope not just you mate, sure there are plenty others too :)

im surprised you posted on this thread, oh no im not really

life can be predictably entertaining, i honestly do understand you dont like the S3 im happy with that but is there any need to repeat your posts over and over? maybe there is but i dont see the need

Edited by kenny

S3SKODA_zpsce2e6abf.jpg

Similar set up to us :) and you certainly can tell that both cars come from the same family.

Im enjoying our S3 even though its DSG :( would of preferred a manual but this car was available for immediate delivery, but its going in 4/5 weeks time as I've just bought an S3 Saloon in glacier white (again dsg :( )

Edited by Andrew@DTUK
  • Like 1

PM sent :)

Don't suppose you could send me the details too.... very close to ordering a VRS, but if thsi deal or similar is still available it could be very tempting for a couple of years.

Shame this thread has now resulted in a "mine is bigger than yours" and not maintained the interest around the two cars shown and their immediate competition in the marketplace. 

Please stick with the thread theme, if you want to Brag about your prowess, then perhaps start in new thread-"Is yours bigger and more thrusting than mine"!

• Like 2

Vrskeith - I've never seen yours so how would I know that mine is bigger?

You haven't that's true but you would probably say it was .

Anyway....... Two great looking cars...

Have to admit i nearly fell off my chair when i read the monthly costs of the S3.......... BARGAIN.

Not sure it would be big enough for me, but certainly intrigued.

• Like 1

thanks for your kind words

they certainly arent that big inside compared to the octavia, its a second car for us so mainly 1 person but main family car is the vRS as its much larger

• Like 2