is it worth remaping my 2002 tdi 90hp octavia

so im loving my new car and thinking i may spend the cash , i have a local place that would do it for about 200 quid , its done 150k and im not after it being quick but smooth and better mpg would be good ,. any thoughts ? 

cheers d 

Before you decide to fiddle with the boost I'd have the car professionally checked over to ensure that your EGR valve, turbo veins, turbo seals, intercooler and associated pipe work, cooling system are all top notch. I'd also be looking at the condition of your brakes, suspension and suspension bushes to ensure are all capable of taking any extra power. If you're sure of their history then go for it.

There are plenty of companies out there offering remaps, but cheap is not necessarily always best and you can seriously screw things up by over boosting etc. do your homework locally to you and look for feedback. Maybe even jump onto the regional forum for your area and drop a few names for people to recognise. Hope this is of help

im happy with the people that would do it , they have a great rep and aint cheap but i can get a discount there , il have to go in and have a chat with them i suppose , just not sure 200 quid on a 1000 car is worth it unless it makes a great difference , cheers for inputs D 

Edited by toastie

Well I have 110 asv injectors and a tuning box on my 90bhp alh and it goes like stink not really able to give a rough mpg as suspect the head gasket is pumped as it's using water

EDIT forgot to mention it's been de-cat'd aswell which does help

Edited by sesachc

• 2 weeks later...

clean the intake and everything up, mr muscle the turbo, slap 110 injectors in, or bigger.... then get the 110 remap to 137 and have fun!

I have the same car, 2004 model. THinking of doing the same.

I have a set of 4 ASV injectors sitting in the garage.....

Injector swap is an hours careful work tops.... get new washers from the dealer. East peasey. Done it 4 or 5 times now. Never any regrets. Put .216 nozzles in one asv with a remap. Must jave been putting out more than 150bhp. It was almost as much fun as my vrs.

is there any massive mpg gains to be had doing the 110 injectors etc? as, tbh, i find my 90 bhp grand for the driving i do,

which is mostly a mix of "B" roads and crappy back roads - Irish style.... ie goat trails.

occasional mway driving, and even at ahem... the legal limit, its quiet, and gives 55mpg.

also... where does the insurance stand in doing it? does it count as modifying, when its still a factory standard car at 110?

because if the insurance cost goes up, it would offset any fuel savings...

Edited by mac11irl

Well in my opinion, there no real difference to the presentation of the injectors just a different part number and ofc hole size of the injector, but insurance aint going to pull injectors out ect.,. in the event of a claim.

When i went from standard to 110 injectors there wasn't a great deal of a difference but there was a difference coupled with a few other mods it does add up, also ran a tuning box aswell and really noticed the difference coupled with a complete decat'd system, i'am able to get up too 115mph in a mile with a rolling start of 20/30mph and can get up to a cruising speed of 126gps/130 speedo

(Please keep your opinions to yourself regarding my speeds, yes it was on a public road and it was at 3am so no one to be harmed if anything happed)

Edited by sesachc

Ive had plenty of accidents and never ever have the insurance company looked at the car. Once they pointed out i had 17's on a car that should have had 15's but I pointed out they had bought the 17's when i damaged all 4 wheels 3 years earlier which they then saw on the computer so they shut up.

.216 injector nozzles (pm me ill tell you where to go) then a blacksmoke remap then i suspect the turbo might pop (mine did 2 days later) then an Xman hybrid turbo, then a proper remap! What do you reckon... 200+ BHP, and you can still run on veg oil!

Injector swap is an hours careful work tops.... get new washers from the dealer. East peasey. Done it 4 or 5 times now. Never any regrets. Put .216 nozzles in one asv with a remap. Must jave been putting out more than 150bhp. It was almost as much fun as my vrs.

Ordered new seals today.

57p plus vat each!!!

Could I do asv injectors and a blacksmoke alh remap?