Footwell lights in a Yeti

Gizmo

Thanks,

I suppose if you have not had them then you don't know what you are missing (or not depending on your point of view)

So the search begins to find what pin the controller uses to power them.
(I am ONLY interested in doing them if they can be full OE and powered the way they are in other models)

Anyone scanned a FL Yeti yet with VCDS care to share the CECM part number?

Controllers are normally shared across different models, so theoretically yes it may be possible, don't get me wrong I do not expect it to be straightforward but I'm up for a challenge!

• 1 month later...

The coding is there, so kit is now bought ready for when the car arrives (it’s built)

could you share the relevant part codes as it sounds like a nice feature to add? :)

Here you go:

http://www.bold-sport.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&keyword=Footwell+Light&category_id=0&product_id=131

I chose the 4 footwell light kit (£32.01 delivered) as I want them in the front and rear, they are genuine VAG lights and include the loom to connect to the CECM ... once I know for sure what pin to take the power supply from I will post it here, but I am pretty sure it will the same as others in the VAG group (which is pin B50)

The LED bulb upgrade is quite expensive from them... so I have purchased those from eBay (just I did for the Superb and TT).

This time I have gone for the 6 SMD version (over the previous 4 SMD) purely to try them... the 4 SMD’s gave out plenty of light. 

4 SMD’s fitted to the TT footwell lights I retro fitted:IMG_0472.jpg

No... I don’t know where my feet are  :blush:

After having our last four (at least) cars with them anything else just seems to be missing something... which they indeed are!

• Like 1

Looks good. I have a spare kit, so will check against the Boldsport set you bought, to see if they'll work.

They're just another 'nice to have really' and make for a welcoming entrance to the car at night :)

• Like 1

Here you go:

http://www.bold-sport.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&keyword=Footwell+Light&category_id=0&product_id=131

I chose the 4 footwell light kit (£32.01 delivered) as I want them in the front and rear, they are genuine VAG lights and include the loom to connect to the CECM ... once I know for sure what pin to take the power supply from I will post it here, but I am pretty sure it will the same as others in the VAG group (which is pin B50)

Thanks. :)

edit - corr, theres some nice little bits on that site - and cheap prices - got to love the dollar/pound exchange rate currently!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...