Mirrors!

My only whinge about the car!

Bloody mirrors seem to retain a ton of water when washing the car. Tried airline to blow it out, wet vac to suck it out and I still have water running down the doors for up to 3 hours after washing the car.

I'm in a very hard water area so water marks are an issue not to mention eyesore. OCD yes but a minor flaw on what is otherwise a flipping fantastic motor :)

Not keen on drilling drain holes but all that water can't be doing the motors any good?!

Unrelated but my electric mirrors are playing up, left one operates when the switch is on left, but they both move when it's on right. Odd

That's not playing up, I'm sure that's normal.  Have heard of it before.

Drive is sloped but even on the flat it doesn't seem to make a difference and tried folding in and out too!

Do you park with the nose uphill or downhill?  

Think it's just 'cos the mirrors are so complex nowadays.

Used to just be a piece of glass fixed on a pivot mount years ago… but now with the adjustment motors, folding motors, indicators, door entry lighting blah blah blah… there's just so many places the water can hide!

Had the problem with my 2010 Audi Q7 - mirrors were like 10 gallon buckets and I always had to take the drying cloth out with me on a drive for 24 hours after washing it.

The wife puts a bag on her head in the shower when she doesn't want her hair to get wet… maybe try that (not putting a bag on your wife's head but putting a bag over the mirrors when you wash it)!

Edited by Nookiebear