Rapid lowering suspenstion

Looking for some advice please. I want to know if Skoda Favorit lowering springs will fit on a 1989 Rapid 136? With my Rapid being 89 is is probably one of the last made before they changed to the Favorit. Reason i'm asking is that Favorit springs on ebay are £75 and Estelle/Rapid are £135.

Cheers

I bought some lowering springs off eBay to fit to my Rapid. 

Before

71593_10150319109130145_5522285_n.jpg

The Springs

30881_10150206049425145_3176409_n.jpg

30881_10150206049405145_6288449_n.jpg

After

181618_10150427368415145_3539730_n.jpg

It is certainly lower but there are a few issues. You need to cut the bump stops down. The front panel is low and will catch on the slightest incline. Taking the car anywhere with people in the back becomes problematic. I didn't change the shockers and to be honest I think the handling could be improved greatly with some proper dampers. I have some adjustable dampers to go on the front so I'll let you know what difference that makes.

PS - a Rapid in South Wales - we need to meet up!! 

Thanks for clarifying the difference Hawkeracing . Looks like i'll have to dig deeper in my pockets!

The lowering makes a huge different based on the pictures you have posted Skodanorman. Your Rapid looks like a really clean example. Is there a way to private message on Briskoda? If so could you let me know where in West Wales you are? I would definitely be keen on meeting up in the near future, my aim is to really get stuck into the car this year!

Cheers

Thanks for clarifying the difference Hawkeracing . Looks like i'll have to dig deeper in my pockets!

The lowering makes a huge different based on the pictures you have posted Skodanorman. Your Rapid looks like a really clean example. Is there a way to private message on Briskoda? If so could you let me know where in West Wales you are? I would definitely be keen on meeting up in the near future, my aim is to really get stuck into the car this year!

Cheers

If you hover over the person's name on the left a new screen comes up, one line of which says "Send message"

If you just want to 'even up' the stance of the car its simple to chop a coil out of the front springs and smooth the ends off.....works a treat and won't come with any real issues, although obviously the front will be about an inch lower. From my experience of Rapid/Estelle lowering springs that are too soft and fail to improve the handling much and come with ride height issues.

You need to have completed a certain number of posts before the PM system will allow you to send, this has been done to stop new members joining with the soul intention of spamming other members via PM.

If you just want to 'even up' the stance of the car its simple to chop a coil out of the front springs and smooth the ends off.....works a treat and won't come with any real issues, although obviously the front will be about an inch lower. From my experience of Rapid/Estelle lowering springs that are too soft and fail to improve the handling much and come with ride height issues.

I have considered chopping out a few turns on the coils but thought this would be seen as butchery! Is it just accepted as a means to an end?

I was concerned that lowering all over by the 35mm would still result in the car looking bit high at the front as it does when standard. However, the pictures that Skodanorman posted alleviate some of that worry because his looks really good.

As it stands i'm not sure on the condition of the ones on there. If they look a bit tired then i'll definately be replacing them for the lowered type.

Looking for some advice please. I want to know if Skoda Favorit lowering springs will fit on a 1989 Rapid 136? With my Rapid being 89 is is probably one of the last made before they changed to the Favorit. Reason i'm asking is that Favorit springs on ebay are £75 and Estelle/Rapid are £135.

Cheers

"Rapid being 89 is is probably one of the last made before they changed to the Favorit"

Actually Favorit and Estelle/Rapid were produced paralelly from 1987 onwards until January, 1990.