Tyres can't decide Help

Hey just had a look at my fabia vrs estates front tyres only done 6700 miles and it looks like i need new ones, all the inside edges have worn. I dont think they have done the tracking properly from when i had it lowerd on the approved eibach lowering springs.

Basically i need two new tyres for the front but now can't decide on which ones to buy, I am looking at £80 - £100 per cornor. I was sold on Uniroyal rainsports 3 but after seeing camskills have non in, i am unsure on wich ones to go for.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Aaron

I'm a big fan of the offering from Vredestein as they perform really well on the cars I've driven with them on, but also help to lower some of the road noise that you hear so much in the cabin on these cars.  Take a look at Ultrac Cento's (205/40/17) or Sessanta's (215/40/17) depending what you are running.

Also, get the car down to Allcar Tyre and Exhaust and for £50.00 they will do you a full laser alignment on their hunter system with printouts.  Lowering will add camber at the front which would cause the inside edges to go quicker but 6,700 miles seems very poor indeed.  My car is lowered on H&R's and my Vred's have been on for over 8k I think and they look like new.

Driving style will have an impact too :giggle:

Thanks for the info Sparkly. Is the AllCar tyre and Exhaust the one on leeds road, the one you are on about? If so may have to see if i can pop down after i finish work and buy some today. As im pretty sure i am just on the edge of being legal.

Also they are 205/40/17 all round was thinking of going 215/40/17 on the front but i am unsure if this will effect anything like esp.

Thanks

Aaron

• Like 1

I'm not a 100% on fitting 215/40/17 front and having 205/40/17 rear.  I know George will be along to say that some tyres claim a certain size but depending on where they measure, may or may not be smaller than tyres of a different size, but in reality, most of us, PC Plod included are mostly just going to look at what the tyre is badged as.  So if I were you I would look at going all 215/40/17 or just going for the Ultrac Cento's in 205 fitting.  But that is just how I see it, others may advise different.

Allcar are the ones on Leeds Road yes, I actually got my tyres fitted by Event Tyres Mobile Service but Allcar are a Vredestein reseller too and can get you their tyres at respectable pricing.

I mainly went there through a recommendation that the guys they have doing the hunter alignment know their onions, have recommended to another forum member on here before who took his Ibiza and was happy with the job.

Best compare the 205/40 R 17 beside the 215/40 R 17 if you are mixing front and rear of different sizes, and brands,

possible performance/grip.

I do it because they are Different Sizes on the Tyres but actually the Same Total Diameter and rolling circumference.

& have done some thinking and experimenting.

You had best consider thing like how the car 'might' behave on the mixed tyres, the ESP & XDS,

and your insurance company.

*And the Police or VOSA, but as they should know many cars come with larger tyres on the Rear Compared to on the Front, they will say as the Manufacturer Intended, then you can get into talking Constuction & Use, & they can get ratty and start asking if you are telling them their job.!!*

It is not advised.

PS

I carry a pair of Spares, that are matching Tyres/Wheels,

So if one tyre needs changed it is a pair that gets put on the car.

Ballast Weights are removed from the Rear Crash Bar and these equal out the extra spare &

Jack in the in the Boot.

In the tyre place right now getting 215/40/17 RSRs on :)

Will be really interested to hear back on how these are to live with in day to day driving.

Will also be very interested to see how these perform on track for you too Dave.

Only a month to go now

• Like 3

I'm at the point where I'm looking for replacement front tyres.

Sport contact 2's were fitted all round from standard and im down to just over 2.5 mm on front, 7mm on rear. No point switching front to back now.

I've been looking at Yokohama parada spec 2's seeing as we should have "better weather" around the corner. Any thoughts on these? Alternatives?

Also are the Conti sport contact 5's worth the extra over the Vredestein Ultrac Cento's?

Edit.

Also how about the Goodyear eagle GS-D3?

Edited by hitlist

I was wrong & too quick to judgement about the Pirelli Zero Nero.

(i did use them last year, so they were not new last week when they went on, but they must have improved with age,

or i had them at too high a pressure last year.)

But no mistake with the 'Yokohama Parada Spec 2',  

Just do not waste money on fitting them on the vRS.

• Like 1

Why do you click on them & read, the title leaves no doubt what the subject is going to be.

surely better to just open Suspension or Tuning threads & read them, 

So, no to,

Oil use Threads.

MPG Threads,

Tyre Threads,

Monte v vRS Threads.

Remapping a 69 ps thread or is a 75ps just the same as a 105 ps

What to get a Diesel or a Petrol.

Its going to be a Slow month in April.

• Like 4

This has nothing to do with not wanting to help people or anything like that. But since their beginning, internet forums go by some etiquette about "search before post" for a reason. For the reason of not being a complete mess with similar threads one below another just because nobody cares searching for a possibly already answered question. Go at the Fabia II section and only 4 threads below this thread there's another (surprise) tyre thread! Even if you don't want to bother searching why not just keep that conversation going rather than opening "your own" thread? It really beats me... This is not only about keeping a forum tidy but there is probably useful information scattered and missed that way. 

Also I was very specific about tyre threads. No oil no MPG etc. etc. But just type the word Tyre in the search box and it's evident it's the most answered question by far. So what is the need of opening yet another thread about it? It's not as If we were driving custom-built exotics anyway! I get that maybe this is fine with you as it gives you the chance to repeat the same answers every day but allow me to disagree If I may.

• Like 2

Sometimes we have a thread going for months, 

answered in the first page for the OP,

and it evolves & grows and other subject come into it, and then some member complains it is Off Topic.

Easy sometimes to just ask your own question like you did.

Suspension.

Ok after some looking around and going from tyre to tyre ready to but i found some ok priced Uniroyal rainsport 3, Which i have now gone for as i have had the rainsports 2 on my old car and liked them.

Now just to get booked in for a wheel alignment.

Thanks to everyone that helped. It was much appreciated.

Aaron

• Like 1

i got them for £85P/T but that includes delivery. A little more than Camskill but they were the ones i wanted. I also heard uniroyal are hard to get hold of, so i suppose the price increase is down to supply and demand.

Hope this helps

Aaron

• Like 1