Fabia Mk1 vRS stage 2 conversion - *NOW SPLITTING*

alex_e3

*UPDATE - 8/4/14*

Ok, after a bit of interest in the setup but no joy, I've figured that there's likely to be more interest separately.

Hence the below parts are now for sale separately with the following prices:

Garrett PD150 Hybrid turbo, 18k miles - £650, or £550 with an exchange for a standard BLT turbo my way as well. Receipt for £1100 with mileage on.

Forge FMIC with pipework - £350 - SOLD

Piper SS exhaust, turbo back with no boxes - seen here: http://www.piperexhausts.co.uk/piperstore/product_info.php?cPath=464_525&products_id=4591  - £300 - SOLD

EGR delete - £20 - deposit taken

Elephant mod pipework - £10 - SOLD

Details on all can be seen in the original post below.

All parts are still on the car, and will not be removed until I have found a suitable BLT turbo so that I can put the car back to standard. I should be able to remove them all apart from the turbo.

Not sure on postage yet, as some of the parts are quite large - hence won't be cheap for the larger items.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Original post

With some regret, I've made the difficult decision to put my Fabia back to standard to sell. There's no value in selling it as a whole. Hence I'm stripping the car of its performance parts.

As per title, I'm currently at full stage 2, running a PD150 hybrid and a Forge FMIC kit.

If the right money came my way, then I may split... but for now I'm going to try and sell as a job lot.

Parts included would be:

Garrett PD150 hybrid turbo

The turbo was purchased directly from Garrett, who apparently had to manufacture it because there wasn't any left on the shelf at the time! Ant at AP Automotive supplied and fitted the setup. It has covered approximately 17k miles since installation. I always warm the car up properly before using it at full throttle, and it's always left to idle after a run. Engine oil has been changed frequently with Quantum.

I obviously have no pictures of the turbo because it's on the car still. However, there's a video of my car on AP Automotive's website, from when it had the conversion done. http://www.apautomotive.com/

I have a receipt from AP Automotive which includes the turbo at approximately £1100, and confirms the mileage.

The car is currently mapped to 220bhp and over 300ft/lbs. This has been proven on CC Tuning's dyno - which has been known to break some hearts! AP and Shark have done a fantastic job of the mapping, and have produced excellent power and torque curves to make the car very driveable, as can be seen in the graph below.

Scan_zps9e056a7d.jpeg

The car is my daily commute, so is pootled around in the majority of the time so that I achieve decent MPG. It should also be noted that I've only had the car running at 220bhp for a couple of months - prior to that it was around 200bhp. So it has been running at a fraction of its full potential for most of its life.

I would require a standard BLT turbo in exchange for mine. This would need to be in very good condition with no noises and as low mileage as possible.

Forge FMIC

A full Forge front-mount intercooler setup. All pipes are in a very good condition, and the cooler is also in fantastic nick as seen below.

2014-01-18133818_zps4c711f06.jpg

2014-01-18144309_zps7177302a.jpg

2014-01-18133828_zps044e3a49.jpg

The setup fits very well, and requires only a very small trim of the bumper behind the o/s fog light to fit. It connects to standard pipework no problem.

EGR delete & elephant mod pipework

An EGR delete pipe that was purchased from the group buy a while back. The elephant mod was carried out when the intercooler was fitted to keep the intake system clean. Pipes are all the correct length so that it comes out by the n/s console bush.

2014-01-18144315_zps5f7ce63e.jpg

Full Piper SS exhaust turbo-back system.

A full stainless steel Piper system is fitted from the turbo-back. This includes a de-cat. No boxes are fitted in the system. Off-boost it's quite quiet from inside the car, but on full-boost it becomes a bit of a monster and sounds brilliant! (in my opinion of course!)

The cat-back is about 18 months old, and the de-cat around 10 months.

It has the smaller oval tailpipe. I took this to my local powdercoater to have done in matt black, as I was sick of having to constantly clean it! This would need re-doing now, as some of the powdercoat flaked off after my original turbo went pop.

This is it after it was originally done

IMG_1676_zps12c62f0b.jpg

Before anyone flames me for price, please be aware that it is difficult to put a price on these things, and the forum rules state that I must include a price. I'm more than aware that there is a supplier of other turbo's on the forum, but I believe the price to be fair, and the buyer will receive everything required (other than a clutch) to get to full stage 2 with a nearly new turbo. It may interest some to hear that I've never had any clutch slippage with the car at this level of tune - but obviously that's dependent on the individual car. Guys on the forum have met me and the car, and I'm sure can confirm that I am a genuine seller and have not thrashed the car to within an inch!

This could potentially be carried out on a drive-in, drive-out basis for anyone interested. Mapping would have to be the choice of the buyer though, but I would wholeheartedly recommend Ant at AP. If anyone wants to be taken in the car before hand, or otherwise have a look, then I am open to that as I have nothing to hide!

Reason for sale is that I feel it's time to move on, and I have my heart set on a turbo petrol motor.

Thanks all, and sorry for the long thread!

All PM's replied to - sorry for the delay! Work is busy!!

Guys who are interested in individual parts - thanks for enquiring! I will let people know on the thread if I decide to split. I'm hoping I will be able to sell at once though, as it's much easier and just generally less hassle.

With regards to Dan's comment above, and a couple of PM's I've had - I won't accept any less than the asking price sorry! As this is somewhat of a bargain I think!!

BTS22 - yes mate it's for everything listed in the post. I have someone else potentially interested who has said they want it all - so I will let you know soon as I do if it's available still. Are you handy with the spanners?! As we could do the swap at my unit or something. Although it's going to take most of the day to do everything correctly to both cars I'd say - so 2 sets of hands would be better than just mine. Plus you'd have to remember to drive slowly on the way back and until you got your car mapped. This applies somewhat more to me I'd say - wouldn't want to inadvertently blow up the BLT due to massive boost!!

In the meantime, what's the history of your car please? i.e. servicing, mapped?

Thanks all :-)

Sorry for the late reply mate. That's fine, just let me know!

Car has full service history every 10,000 miles, cambelt has been done.

Had the car mapped by shark 1000 miles ago.

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry for the late reply mate. That's fine, just let me know!

Car has full service history every 10,000 miles, cambelt has been done.

Had the car mapped by shark 1000 miles ago.

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sold your exhaust then mate?

Saw your car yesterday Alex when I was on the bus going to watch Everton stuff the useless gunners :)

Was some gay looking yellow bike parked behind it............

• Like 1

You're just jealous of how cool I must look on it Kev ;-) !

On a serious note... it's the 125 that I used to use for commuting all the time. I need to get rid of the little one now to be honest...  I do have a proper bike tucked away also I might add :-)  

Ah right thought it looked quite small!

If you need to swap maps from your ecu to a buyers and vice versa I've got a cable and program on my laptop to do it ;)

Ah right thought it looked quite small!

If you need to swap maps from your ecu to a buyers and vice versa I've got a cable and program on my laptop to do it ;)

It's quite a big bike for a 125 - it's only really the tyres that give it away. It's dimensionally bigger than a R6 of the same year believe it or not!

Oooo interesting :-)  I will PM you now ;-)