Lane Assist Poll (just out of interest)

Lane Assist  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Do you drive with Lane Assist on?

Sorry if it's been done before, please feel free to delete if it has.

I've switched lane assist on once, made it beep then turned it off.  Just wondered who is using it regularly.

I turn mine on with the adaptive setting on motorways and dual carriageways as I find the auto steering helpful.  I turn it off on other roads as not so helpful on those.

Handy to have the button on the end of the indicator stalk to turn it off quickly when you have ACC. :)

Not tried it as it's an infotainment setting and too hard to access on the road (I don't have ACC).  If there's a shortcut I can't see it in the manual.

The thing that's it's really missing is the ability to adjust the speed that it activates, 40mph is way too low, if i could have it only come on at motorway speeds then i'd use it.

Not tried it as it's an infotainment setting and too hard to access on the road (I don't have ACC). If there's a shortcut I can't see it in the manual.

Scroll through the maxidot to driver assist (or whatever it actually is!) and then scroll down and the option to turn on/off should pop up. Simples.

I'm sure it's in the manual somewhere.

• Like 1

Scroll through the maxidot to driver assist (or whatever it actually is!) and then scroll down and the option to turn on/off should pop up. Simples.

I'm sure it's in the manual somewhere.

That's exactly the problem. Either set it up in advance and it works on roads when you probably don't want it to (slow, in town etc) or you have to take your eyes off the road to navigate a menu to switch on a driver safety feature!  Seems to be somewhat less than ideal (that's posh talk for 'crap')

You can access lane control by pressing the button on the end of the indicator stalk. It's then a quick scroll of the right burton and press

The cruise rocker switch, you mean?  That's all I have on my car.

• Like 1

The cruise rocker switch, you mean? That's all I have on my car.

Ah, I have ACC as a separate stalk. On my indicator the button accesses the lane assist and front assist options

is lane assist always off until you turn it on then, (pardon me for asking as I havnt got my VRS yet !! lol)

It's off until you switch it on and then stays on until you switch it off.

which is...........

The indicator is your friend with lane assist, if you have LA on and go to overtake or change lanes without indicating, you'll get the car overriding, however if you are indicating, it changes the LA to orange or yellow (sorry can't remember which colour it is) so that you can make your manoeuvre after which it re engages LA and changes it back to green.

I'm used to it now,.......

• Like 1

The indicator is your friend with lane assist, if you have LA on and go to overtake or change lanes without indicating, you'll get the car overriding, however if you are indicating, it changes the LA to orange or yellow (sorry can't remember which colour it is) so that you can make your manoeuvre after which it re engages LA and changes it back to green.

So follow the highway code and you won't have any problems... simples! :)

• Like 2

Ah.... There I was thinking you'd found a genius shortcut to switch it on, on the fly without having to take your eye off the road to navigate the menus....  Ho hum :)

Ah.... There I was thinking you'd found a genius shortcut to switch it on, on the fly without having to take your eye off the road to navigate the menus....  Ho hum :)

Yep,....it's called the indicator stalk  :rofl: