Octavia in Grimsby!

I have been told that my car is sitting at Grimsby Dock awaiting transport to South Wales. Any one know how long this takes?

Mine took a week to get to dealers, I was told by the dealer to expect up to two weeks for delivery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My dealer has intimated that it could arrive by the end of this week and a 4 day turn around.

My expected pick date is the 19th April. This was advanced 4 weeks as a slot arose in the build schedule.

Seems like I am in the minority when it comes to early delivery dates.

Very much looking forward to the Octy estate.

I was informed sometime ago that once a car hits UK soil. Skoda UK requests full payment from the dealer. Then once paid the delivery process begins.This usually happens whilst customs are doing there checks.

Mine's been sat in the UK since last monday. Dealer is still awaiting some sort of info as to when it'll be with them. 

A phone call to SUK a while ago estimated 3 days from landing in the UK to arrival at the dealer, and then a few days to allow for PDI and whatnot, so that information was a load of rubbish... 

Apparently the transport company that Skoda use was on strike for two days last week, which has caused a horrendous backlog. Still, I don't see why that should set proceedings back by more than two days, but hey ho. 

So, from this I can estimate between 8 hours and 2 weeks. So much for digital tracking and computer scheduled movements.

My current car is being handed over to the new keeper tomorrow and I am now without a vehicle.

I don't think I have ever wanted a new car so badly. 

My respect to those waiting for VRS's, thank god I'm too old to drive a hot estate (I'm 45).

My respect to those waiting for VRS's, thank god I'm too old to drive a hot estate (I'm 45).

If you think you're too old at 45 for a vRS estate, what are you going to be driving by the time you're 60?

Powerful estates are usually driven by older people - people who want performance but still need practicality for their family.  It's the vRS hatch that's driven by the boy racers (no offence to anyone!).

I have, in the past, been a biker and had a habit of using the bike for all it's worth without a thought for safety and licence, just having the temptation of the extra power would be too much to bear.

I know what I'm going to drive when I'm 60. A Vrs estate tsi. Good job I'm that old already. Should be driving it by May.probably get a mobility scooter for my 80th....

I think Skoda have re allocated some of the current model options to VRS builds only, that's why the new trim levels are a bit different.

Hopefully the deliveries will improve now.

If you think you're too old at 45 for a vRS estate, what are you going to be driving by the time you're 60?

Powerful estates are usually driven by older people - people who want performance but still need practicality for their family.  It's the vRS hatch that's driven by the boy racers (no offence to anyone!).

To old! Think I need to start dying my hair and I must change my 80's new romantic CD collection for something more up to date as I am never going to pass as a Boy Racer at 46!    :giggle:

The good news is that the Octy has DAB RADIO and there are some goods eighties rations out there. Was there any good music in the nineties?

Hoping for a call from the dealer today to say that the car has arrived with them from Grimsby and I can have it next week.

I had also hoped to keep my hair longer that I have so I will not get too excited yet!

• Like 1

Was there any good music in the nineties?

No. There has been precisely no good music since the 80s.  Anyone who says otherwise is simply a yoof who wouldn't know good music if it came and shouted down their ears.

Oh, and bring back Marathons, Jif, Opal Fruits and Terry's Neapolitans.  I want my childhood back, dammit.  :rock:

• Like 1

No. There has been precisely no good music since the 80s. Anyone who says otherwise is simply a yoof who wouldn't know good music if it came and shouted down their ears.

Oh, and bring back Marathons, Jif, Opal Fruits and Terry's Neapolitans. I want my childhood back, dammit. :rock:

Choose from the following:

TLC

Destiny's Child 

Lauryn Hill 

Take That 

Blur 

Suede 

Primal Scream 

PJ Harvey 

My Bloody Valentine 

Massive Attack 

Portishead 

R.E.M. 

Mercury Rev 

Beck 

Jeff Buckley 

U2 

Pavement 

Tricky

Belle & Sebastian 

Pulp

Bjork 

Dr Dre 

Air 

Nas 

Daft Punk 

DJ Shadow 

Teenage Fanclub

Underworld 

Prodigy 

Radiohead 

Smashing Pumpkins 

Nirvana

There's something for everyone in that short list of bands/artists from the 90s

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

None of those can hold a candle to Queen, Status Quo or Spandau Ballet.

(note: I am not being entirely serious - apart from the bit about bringing Terry's Neapolitans back)

Now there is no reason to bring reason and good arguments to this discussion. No band has ever exceeded the musical quality of Trio and Kajagoogoo.

Just called the dealer and my car is I. Their yard ready to be prepped. Will take pictures tomorrow of it wrapped in white transport plastic.very excited middle aged man now:)

Excuse me.....!!

I'm 48 and drive a new vRS Hatch... :wonder:

Boy Racers drive VW Golfs....

Old people drive Skoda Roomster's ...!!  :giggle: 

• Like 1

The perception of Skoda as a brand has changed so much over the recent years. As a teen anger they were laughable rear engined air cooled budget cars.

I chose the Skoda because it ticked most of the technical and personal requirements. The reasonable looks are a bonus.

I tell people with VW's & Audi's they are Skoda's with a different badge on. That usually starts a heated descusion.

Drove a Golf hire car today, they started to show me where the controls were etc, I said don't bother its just an Octavia with a VW badge on....

• Like 1

In the 70's it would have been a Trabant by another name!

The shared platform method isn't new but Skoda have certainly set themselves apart from the group.

I am glad it's not turned out like the Triumph/Datsun debacle of the 70's/80's era. Something's shouldn't be shared!