Polo GT TDi RR results GTB1756VK (not quite a Fabia but same Chassis)

That is exactly what I am planning as the next setup on the rally car, why have you blanked the breather off on the cam cover tho ?

Passat intake and custom tip ? Meaning a longer thinner intercooler with less pressure drop than a twin pass

That is exactly what I am planning as the next setup on the rally car, why have you blanked the breather off on the cam cover tho ?

Passat intake and custom tip ? Meaning a longer thinner intercooler with less pressure drop than a twin pass

its not blanked theres no pipe connected in that pic lol!

yes Passet inlet and custom TIP which is fed from cone filter in the driver side where the intercooler was

its was a Mitsubishi evo cooler, but now changed to a Classic Subaru front mount as it was taller and brand new the fins on the old cooler weren't too clever

• Like 1

looks like its mapped bang on to me.

you could reduce the fuel so there is no un-burnt, but you do get some power from the partially combusted fuel.

most maps i have seen smoke between the 1500-2000rpm point just as they come on boost.

Thats good power though! nice one. 

• Like 2

Just stumbled across this thread! Great work and results.

You must be the Polo Faboka mentioned to me when we discovered that my GTB1756VK setup wasn't getting enough air! The issue is now resolved with the help from Honda ;)

I got my Seat Ibiza TDi Dyno'd at Awesome GTI last Saturday and she made 230bhp and 410ft/lbs at 2.0Bar (high boost map). I've got a little smoke but nothing compared to yours!

• Like 2

Does look nice and clean that run :)

Are Awesomes rollers known to over read a bit on the torque?

As 410lb ft is more than Joels car did on CC Tunings rollers and his is powered by a GTB2260 with tubular manifold and +80% injectors! :)

My car and silkys polo have both done circa 350lb ft torque,on different rolling roads, both mapped by Faboka and running same turbo and injectors as yours :)

Just stumbled across this thread! Great work and results.

You must be the Polo Faboka mentioned to me when we discovered that my GTB1756VK setup wasn't getting enough air! The issue is now resolved with the help from Honda ;)

I got my Seat Ibiza TDi Dyno'd at Awesome GTI last Saturday and she made 230bhp and 410ft/lbs at 2.0Bar (high boost map). I've got a little smoke but nothing compared to yours

Does look nice and clean that run :)

Are Awesomes rollers known to over read a bit on the torque?

As 410lb ft is more than Joels car did on CC Tunings rollers and his is powered by a GTB2260 with tubular manifold and +80% injectors! :)

My car and silkys polo have both done circa 350lb ft torque,on different rolling roads, both mapped by Faboka and running same turbo and injectors as yours :)

On the day quite a few cars ran. Some that ran had results from other Dyno runs and there was minimal discrepancies. A Ibiza Cupra TDI ran on the day which had an upgraded turbo outlet pipe, de-cat and standard map which made 170bhp and 280ft/lbs.

Looking at your Dyno graph, your peak torque is around 3000rpm whilst mine is made at 2100rpm. On my run at 3000rpm, my torque is ~330ft/lbs. What was the result of the Fabia's Dyno run just out of interest? I wonder if it's because it's produced really low down?

My best on 3 runs was 243bhp and 357lb ft torque. :)

Should have had looked at your car first   :wall:

If I ever get chance to run it again on a different Dyno, I'll take an average  :think:

On the day quite a few cars ran. Some that ran had results from other Dyno runs and there was minimal discrepancies. A Ibiza Cupra TDI ran on the day which had an upgraded turbo outlet pipe, de-cat and standard map which made 170bhp and 280ft/lbs.

Looking at your Dyno graph, your peak torque is around 3000rpm whilst mine is made at 2100rpm. On my run at 3000rpm, my torque is ~330ft/lbs. What was the result of the Fabia's Dyno run just out of interest? I wonder if it's because it's produced really low down?

Seems strange you have peak torque at 2100rpm as I know my turbo isn't spooled up by then?

What gear did awesome use on the run, and did they measure transmission loses via drag or a % calculator

If yours is making the power so low down it must just be lighting the tyres up on the road, as I know mine is better now than when I had the hybrid

I know that the power on the Dyno sheet is crank power not wheel power, how awesome calculate that I don't know.

GTB1756VK should spool to max BAR around 2100 to 2200rpm dependant on setup, so I thought that's normal, check out Darkside Developments turbo comparison chart listed in their GTB turbo kit - http://www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk/products/darkside-gtb-turbo-kit-for-1-9-8v-tdi-engines.html

Drivability wise, as I'm on relatively new stock clutch WOT only occurs after 3000rpm so I'm not making full use of the torque band until I can sort out an upgraded setup. It's very twitchy in the wet in 1st, 2nd and sometimes 3rd gear however, my Vredsteins seem to be putting the power down well.

Edited by badger89

i think this is the turbo i have bought and am heading to jabbasport on monday to get my car mapped i was aiming for 200bhp and about 330tourques because running standard clutch do you think i could aim bit higher on the bhp figures

just to double check i have right turbo how much did this cost you from xman i think payed about 400 its the pd130 hybrid with pd170 internals ?

cheers guys i think smoke is class haha

i think this is the turbo i have bought and am heading to jabbasport on monday to get my car mapped i was aiming for 200bhp and about 330tourques because running standard clutch do you think i could aim bit higher on the bhp figures

just to double check i have right turbo how much did this cost you from xman i think payed about 400 its the pd130 hybrid with pd170 internals ?

cheers guys i think smoke is class haha

different turbo as yours is just the same casting and standard turbo with a PD170 cartridge fitted (i have same turbo on my Fabia VRS)

i would not be going Jabbasport for your Map, where are you based in cumbria?

i would be using Faboka off here for mapping (search username: Faboka) and send him a PM

if you don't have the cables i can help if you are close enough?