Can someone help an idiot?

Its nice to see some 'beading po-rn' going on. 

Thanks, also I washed the applicator pad and the mitt this morning and put everything to dry and thanks for the washing up liquid advice, it worked perfectly.

• Like 1

Yes... you could have got 3 for 2 at Halfords....

But my nearest Halfords is 15 miles away which at my current 16.2p/mile works out at £4.86 both ways and with the Back to black costing £2.50/can I'd be better off buying 3 of them at Tescos (because I was there anyway there is effectively no extra travelling costs)

Ok so that was a bit sad, now for more:

Half a bed full of microfibre cloths, drying towels, mitts, applicators and glass cloths:

Photo0138_zps51e3e36a.jpg

Everything apart from the wash and wax, and the TFR, they're downstairs:

Photo0139_zps84decb9f.jpg

And everything put away in the nice, big car cleaning bucket:

Photo0140_zpsdd1cdbcf.jpg

Anyone got anything that I should add to this lot? (apart from snow foam and lance of course)

A straight jacket LOL....

ironx, tardis tar remover, gtechniq c5 or similar to protect your wheels, bilberry wheel cleaner to clean them farecla g3 claymit sonax QD well you did ask ....Sparkly will fill in the gaps for you...

A straight jacket LOL....

ironx, tardis tar remover, gtechniq c5 or similar to protect your wheels, bilberry wheel cleaner to clean them farecla g3 claymit sonax QD well you did ask ....Sparkly will fill in the gaps for you...

clay mitt is right hand side of second row in the first pic and they're only steel wheels (might change sometime though) will look into a straight jacket.
  • Like 1

Good collection

BUT!!

'Farecla G3 Body Prep Shampoo' used to be called 'Detox Shampoo'...Its designed to help to deliberately degrade your wax/sealer prior to Claying and re-polishing

You may want to ONLY use that once or twice a year and get some Meguiars Gold Class Shampoo instead...my favourite!!

• Like 1

I have a little Karcher and was thinking of snow foam but it was just getting it before today, it is definitely something I am going to look into and revise.

Are there any SF Lances that are recommended that fit Karcher?

(we also have a better Homelite wheeled type but it has an unusual fitting that nobody seams to make anything for)

I bought the Karcher foamer.

Ebay item 251454267648

£11 delivered

• Like 1

Does it work as well as an Autobrite brass one?

Its also a very small bottle. I doubt that Snow Foam can be diluted to the correct rate either

I have no idea. I've not got the other to compare.

But... it seems to work and its inexpensive.

As previous post. Direct Hoses do a similar if not the same snow foam lance for £25 (£29 posted). 

The difference between the Karcher foam lance and a snow foam lance is very noticeable. The Karcher unit is great for getting product (degreaser, citrus wash, shampoo, etc...) to the car but the snow foam lance can give the same watery texture up to dense (shaving like) foam with a good snow foam product like Magifoam or similar. There is nothing inherently wrong with the Karcher unit but has its limitations in regards to dense foam, still a good product though. 

Good collection

BUT!!

'Farecla G3 Body Prep Shampoo' used to be called 'Detox Shampoo'...Its designed to help to deliberately degrade your wax/sealer prior to Claying and re-polishing

You may want to ONLY use that once or twice a year and get some Meguiars Gold Class Shampoo instead...my favourite!!

Ah yes, I forgot about the lack of a proper shampoo (as previously I'd been just using wash and wax) thanks for pointing it out I'll have a trip some time and get some.

I bought the Karcher foamer.

Ebay item 251454267648

£11 delivered

I see they also do them in Halfords, if they're not that bad for the price they are it wouldn't be a great loss just to get one of those and some foam while I'm their getting the shampoo.

Outofthi5world, the offer is still there if you want any. 

Thanks for the generous offer Svend, but I feel if I take up the offer It would be too much like taking advantage of people. I'll pass, but thanks very much for the offer.

No worries. The offer is still there. Its not taking advantage its giving you the option to try some things out and to narrow down some products for future use. I've always got an excess of car polish, shampoo, sealant, degreaser, glass cleaner and some other stuff.

Just received three parcels today from Gtechniq, i4detailing and EliteCarCare.

No worries. The offer is still there. Its not taking advantage its giving you the option to try some things out and to narrow down some products for future use. I've always got an excess of car polish, shampoo, sealant, degreaser, glass cleaner and some other stuff.

Just received three parcels today from Gtechniq, i4detailing and EliteCarCare.

Wow, you get a lot of stuff then if you've just got 3 parcels! Do you own a car cleaning company of some sort?

I have one of those Autoglym bags somewhere which I don't quite know what's in it (it has what came with the bag, plus a load of other stuff we put in) but I haven't seen that bag for ages. I'll have to dig it out. Also I found some SRP, about half a litre in a litre bottle, but it's the old formula that I got from the Yorkshire show some years ago along with some apple interior polish which sadly leaked out of the can about a month ago. And I seam to remember that in one of the cupboards in the kitchen is something that's either wheel or tyre cleaner, but I can't remember which.

I'll have to have a proper look at what I've got before I start getting too much other stuff, but will get some shampoo regardless as that's always used.

Sorry, but I've come up with another question: What happens when the wax protection runs out/wears off? Do I have to do anything special or can you just wash the car and re apply the wax? And will Meguiars Gold Class Shampoo effect anything like this (either taking away or adding wax or anything)? Also is 1 coat of wax really enough or can/should I apply more coats?

Lol. I'm generally what's known as a 'weekend warrior' and certainly not a company. I like to clean cars to relax as I find it therapeutic, I don't charge as it would be illegal and personally (just me mind) think it immoral. The owners or the cars (neighbours and colleagues at work) like and appreciate a clean car but don't have the time to do it. 

I also really like the products I use and rather than most people who only speak up when a product is wrong or not what I expected, I like to shout about the products being good and that they do what they say they do and happy to offer a few people who are developing a deeper passion for their cars to try a few things for free with two conditions. One, that it is offered free to the recipient with no postage or gratuity it return and two, that if you like it then keep it but if you don't then pass it on to someone else to try. \if they product isn't what the recipient likes then they haven't lost out financially but gained experience of a product they may not of tried and narrowed down what characteristics they want in a type of product. 

• Like 2

You can apply wax again when the current one has deteriorated or you can top it up either each month or other month. There is no hard and fast rule. A good shampoo will either add nothing to the wax or add some benefit to it. A good wax stripping is recommended once a year after the winter to prepare the car for the summer and all the good weather (ish) when you can really get into keeping the car tip top. 

• Like 1

Lol. I'm generally what's known as a 'weekend warrior' and certainly not a company. I like to clean cars to relax as I find it therapeutic, I don't charge as it would be illegal and personally (just me mind) think it immoral. The owners or the cars (neighbours and colleagues at work) like and appreciate a clean car but don't have the time to do it. 

I also really like the products I use and rather than most people who only speak up when a product is wrong or not what I expected, I like to shout about the products being good and that they do what they say they do and happy to offer a few people who are developing a deeper passion for their cars to try a few things for free with two conditions. One, that it is offered free to the recipient with no postage or gratuity it return and two, that if you like it then keep it but if you don't then pass it on to someone else to try. \if they product isn't what the recipient likes then they haven't lost out financially but gained experience of a product they may not of tried and narrowed down what characteristics they want in a type of product. 

Strikes me as a genuinely nice person, and I definitely agree with you on the only talking when something is wrong point, it's what gives things bad names (like Fabia VRS's and oil usage for example, a lot of people say they all drink oil because that's what everyone writes about)

You can apply wax again when the current one has deteriorated or you can top it up either each month or other month. There is no hard and fast rule. A good shampoo will either add nothing to the wax or add some benefit to it. A good wax stripping is recommended once a year after the winter to prepare the car for the summer and all the good weather (ish) when you can really get into keeping the car tip top. 

So then would it be back with the body prep shampoo, clay, polish and then wax again or different and avoiding all but the wax? Also does the SRP actually take away from the clearcoat or just fill in the scratches so to say?

Also, I'm thinking of maybe doing my dads Mineral grey Jetta so was wondering what do you do when you have a car with vinyl stickers? I think it would be great to have a drive with 2 shiny cars in it for a change.

That would be the thing to do. Unless you wanted to try something else during that period you should only need to strip in once a year.

AG SRP (Super Resin Polish) in that it is mildly abrassive but also fills in scratches with resin. It looks good but if not protected with a wax or sealant for longer periods will start to break down in the sunlight or as rain washes down over time.

I've just come to work with some things for a customer to take home and try. Nothing fantastic wheel cleaner, degreaser, jaffa clean, sealant and some shampoo.

Speaking of work, I better get down onto the shop floor, nightshift becons.