Fancy ordering a new vRS this quarter? Shame you waited....

Just come out of Rainsworth Skoda to enquire about an Octavia for SWMBO whilst mine gets the resonator rattle sorted.

Elegance

- 0% PCP

- 3mth waiting list (although expect the car in 6wks)

vRS

- now 4.9% PCP only (was 2.9% last quarter, and 0% before that )

- 7mth waiting list!!!!

Ouch, glad I ordered mine last year.... :( 

The wait times and the PCP is what put me off the vRS, but I think I will be very happy with my Elegance 4x4 150ps when it arrives, currently build week 17, should be here by mid may and only ordered 15th March! (so about 8 or 9 weeks from ordering)

I have no idea how you guys have waited so long without going mad, I have about 6 weeks to go and that seems like an eternity! I swear my current car is getting slower and less comfortable every day now! :(

Edited by Shermo

The wait length is bearable... Just.  The Skoda build week lottery is very VERY annoying.  Makes planning impossible and some how makes me envious of those that are luckier (getting cars quicker) then me..... Grrr  :devil:

• Like 1

God that is painful:

Sept.2013, 0 % PCP,FREE SERVICING OVER 3 YEARS AND ON TOP OF THAT A BLOODY GOOD DISCOUNT!!

Sometimes pays to be the early bird, even if a little risky . 

God that is painful:

Sept.2013, 0 % PCP,FREE SERVICING OVER 3 YEARS AND ON TOP OF THAT A BLOODY GOOD DISCOUNT!!

Sometimes pays to be the early bird, even if a little risky .

I got all of that, but still haven't got my car!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear. Ha e you got a date yet/

It's built and it's on its way.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I would not have ordered my VRS without the 42 months 0% PCP, 3 years free servicing, and 7% discount. That deal swung it for me over an A4 Avant and a Mazda CX5. With the price rise and loss of 0% finance the VRS is not the bargain it was, but poorer offers are understand given the demand.

Almost ordered Vrs tsi in October but waited till November, Due next month. Has been a long wait but I still have my 1.8tsi L&K which is actually surprisingly quick anyway. The only thing is with my L&K people tend to see just a Skoda and get upset when it out paces them (think its a diesel). I hope they will see a bright green Vrs and say "I stand no chance". Time will tell...

I hope they will see a bright green Vrs and say "I stand no chance". Time will tell...

Why do so many VRS owners  think that every other road user wants a race?

A VRS is really not the rocket ship that puts fear into the heart of BMW and Merc drivers as some posters would like to have you believe.  What probably puts fear into the hearts of other drivers is thinking that someone who has bought a family orientated car thinks they have bought a supercar and tries to drive it accordingly.  

Edited by skovirg
  • Like 2

Well, its likely binned the vRS as an option for her. The annoying thing is that its obviously a deal to stem demand for the vRS whilst they clear the backlog.

Original vRS being looked at - Race blue Hatch, Canton, nav and cruise.

Options:

1. Order vRS - Errr..... no.

2. Order a "vRS Wannabe" - Race Blue Elegance, add canton..... cant bring myself to add the "sport suspension" option. 0% PCP and get the servicing haggled in... Already been offered 5% discount without even trying to haggle.

3. Leon FR 184 in Apollo Blue... lose a bit of space (and possibly some resale value), but retain the sporty look, a cheaper APR and gain a couple of toys not on the vRS

Decisions..... 

Our recently departed Z3 2.8 used to have the effect of strange people passing, then slowing in front so you pass them so that is when the heavy foot has to come into play just to get a bit of distance before maintaining a sensible distance.

Well, its likely binned the vRS as an option for her. The annoying thing is that its obviously a deal to stem demand for the vRS whilst they clear the backlog.

Options:

2. Order a "vRS Wannabe" - Race Blue Elegance, add canton..... cant bring myself to add the "sport suspension" option. 0% PCP and get the servicing haggled in... Already been offered 5% discount without even trying to haggle.

3. Leon FR 184 in Apollo Blue... lose a bit of space (and possibly some resale value), but retain the sporty look, a cheaper APR and gain a couple of toys not on the vRS

Decisions..... 

Option 2...

Was always a thought in my mind also.

What you may loose in the vRS you gain in other ways in the Elegance and still a good looking car.

Sports suspension option only drops the car 15mm, which still leaves it standing on stilts - just spend the money on an aftermarket set of 30mm Eibach or 40mm H&R springs.

Edited by Nookiebear

Almost ordered Vrs tsi in October but waited till November, Due next month. Has been a long wait but I still have my 1.8tsi L&K which is actually surprisingly quick anyway. The only thing is with my L&K people tend to see just a Skoda and get upset when it out paces them (think its a diesel). I hope they will see a bright green Vrs and say "I stand no chance". Time will tell...

Statements like this do worry me....it's just very immature.

There aren't many people who are "upset" when you pull away with high revs in a box standard family saloon/estate. They are more likely thinking: "t***er!" or not care at all.

• Like 3

Options:

Decisions..... 

What is the service/attitude of your local seat dealer ?

If they are a good bunch, and you can get a nice deal, that might be the way to go, just so you have 2 different looking cars in the drive .... and the seat does look nice too.

No idea what their build quality is like, but a good test drive and look around would go some way to deciding that for you.

What is the service/attitude of your local seat dealer ?

If they are a good bunch, and you can get a nice deal, that might be the way to go, just so you have 2 different looking cars in the drive .... and the seat does look nice too.

No idea what their build quality is like, but a good test drive and look around would go some way to deciding that for you.

Dunno about local Seat dealers but Rainworth Skoda are excellent, always looked after me

NT