cheap nilfisk

Thisday

`Bosch Aquatak Car Combi` is the one I have used for years and is a great bit-o-kit.

http://www.diy.com/nav/garden/garden-power-tools/pressure-washers-sprayers/light_duty_pressure_washers/Bosch-Aquatak-Car-Combi-Pressure-Washer-11867965

Regards

Mike.

Just noticed...it seems to be out of stock!

Regards

Mike.

• 5 months later...

Just picked up my nilfisk titan, and it must be a c120 with a few differences. Haven't used it yet but it looks good - next on the list is a proper snow-foam lance :)

Pabs, sorry for unzombie-ing this thread, but how did you get on with the NF Titan? After a lot of soul searching (and whining at the missus) I just bought one from Argos. So I'd obviously be keen to hear how you got on with it, especially as I'm planning to get CYC's snow foam nozzle - Madam's Roomie gets pretty "minging" so anything that means I spend less effort cleaning it is well worth the money!

I'm not a newbie to power washers, having had a Karcher K3 model (bought from Homebase in a clearance deal). Unfortunately that POS never worked right from the day I bought it and died totally 8 months later (and Homebase wouldn't help with replacement, because I shoulda kept the box apparently). Although the self-same Homebase has some pretty good deals on Karchers, that experience put me off, so Nilfisk was pretty much the obvious choice. Just bought an adapter from eBay, so at least I can use some of the old Karcher tools when I send the K3 off to the council recycling.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I think I've settled on this one as well. My cheap & cheerful Lidl PW died recently and Nilfisk seem to have good reviews on here. One of the downsides to the Lidl was the short hose, only 5m, and most of the other Nilfisk with 8m or more tend to be in the more professional category. I'll need to get a different adapter for the snowfoam lance, as that has the Lavor fitting.

I think I've settled on this one as well. My cheap & cheerful Lidl PW died recently and Nilfisk seem to have good reviews on here. One of the downsides to the Lidl was the short hose, only 5m, and most of the other Nilfisk with 8m or more tend to be in the more professional category. I'll need to get a different adapter for the snowfoam lance, as that has the Lavor fitting.

Sounds like a nice little upgrade then Martin.

The hose length increase makes a hug difference....  :thumbup:

• Like 1

Picked up the NF Titan this morning - £99.99. Argos currently (ends today) have a £5 voucher for spends of up to £99.99 or £10 if over that. SWMBO texted me another item she was after to add to get the extra penny needed :)

Does that work on the autobrite snowfoam lance? I was looking at their brass adapters at £8 and wondering if I could combine that with the under body lance (I found a group buy for that on their own forum - £32 delivered - but it's not been updated since last year, so don't know if it's still valid).

Turns out I might not need the under body lance. The Titan is a tweaked C120 6-6 PCA X-Tra (as per the OP's original link) plus a hose reel, an 8m hose (not 6m), a car specific nozzle (presumably a gentler spray) and a 90 degree underbody nozzle. It's also sold by Homebase and a few others. I'll see how it performs at the weekend.

post-80615-0-96183700-1413915935_thumb.jpeg

• Like 2

Ordered yesterday morning and it was waiting for me when I went home for lunch today! Fitted no problem. Oddly the Nilfisk is a brass fitting (like the Lavor the AB lance came with), not plastic like the Karcher on the link.

Turns out I might not need the under body lance. The Titan is a tweaked C120 6-6 PCA X-Tra (as per the OP's original link) plus a hose reel, an 8m hose (not 6m), a car specific nozzle (presumably a gentler spray) and a 90 degree underbody nozzle. It's also sold by Homebase and a few others. I'll see how it performs at the weekend.

attachicon.gifTitan.jpeg

Good kit that. The bottle is ok, but it won't produce foam anything like a proper snow foam lance, but it's better than nothing. Enjoy :)

• Like 1

A cheap bottle came with my old Lidl PW - it broke the first time I tried using it :( The AutoBrite one is considerably more durable, as well as capable of actually producing foam!

Well, used the Titan to do the car today. Always fun having a new toy to play with :)

The 8m hose is long enough to do the whole car without having to move the PW, which I wasn't expecting. It made it much quicker to work round.

I'm assuming the car nozzle is the same one ChrisRs has on his Nilfisk, as it has the same flat jet. Much better than the basic one on my old Lidl PW, and does a better job around the wheels.

The under body, 90 degree, nozzle creates quite a bit of swing on the lance, so has to be held firmly. the lance is long enough so you can reach all the underneath of the car - seems to do a good job. It is excellent for doing the rear wheel arches, which on the Yeti have a fabric matting in place. This always holds onto muck, leaves, you name it, and is normally very hard to get looking clean. You could see loads of dirty water soaking out of them with jet aimed at them - very effective.

Overall I'm very impressed with it. I just hope it proves to be durable too.