buy sound insulation bitumen

Have something similar in the boot also from ebay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CAR-VAN-VEHICLE-SOUND-DEADENING-PROOFING-PADS-4-LARGE-SHEETS-/280886769562?pt=UK_Body_Shop_Supplies_Paint&hash=item416627f79a

^looks like

Made a bit of a difference but not much. Better to spend the money on quieter tyres.

Edited by Aspman
  • Like 1

That will be because sound deadening will not reduce road noise.

Flashing tape needs to be used in such large amounts to have the same affect as deadening its not worth it.

If you are trying to reduce road noise you'd need to deaden and use a product such as noise iscolator from silent coat.

I like Aspman's comment.  Tyre choice can make a tremendous difference. 

Just replaced the front OEM tyres on my 1.9TDI with Vredestein Sportrac5, and the reduction in road noise has come as a very pleasant shock. 

Yes i was thinking of to kill the road noise , Summer wheels on now 205/55/16 goodyear optigrip from year 2009

And it is too loud , going to cost to Much with silent coat. I read somewhere here on briskoda " that a boot mat kill the noise a little bit " so i was thinking of to buy some insulation and put there . Didnt know what to do

That will be because sound deadening will not reduce road noise.

Flashing tape needs to be used in such large amounts to have the same affect as deadening its not worth it.

If you are trying to reduce road noise you'd need to deaden and use a product such as noise iscolator from silent coat.

Did the back floor and side panels on a corsavan with half a roll. That'll do me for a fiver. 

Its possible, cost you a fortune to ship from the states though.

Anything you try apart from tried and tested (expensive) methods will be just trying it out, people cant garuntee that it wil work

I guess there's a difference between bitumen (or lead) patches applied to a panel to reduce drumming / vibration and therefore also (possibly) reduce the transmission of sound through the panel, and (on the other hand) felt, foam or carpet attached to or laid on a panel (usually floor panels) to absorb airbourne sound within a particular compartment, e.g., the passenger compartment.

Noise control can be quite a subtle art, but it will be obvious from the above that there is little to be gained from applying damping patches (bitumen or lead) to an already solid, stiff and heavy panel which isn't vibrating much anyway.