Anyone with Yeti on Black/Gray Alloy Wheels?

bahrur

I have an aqua blue 2012 Yeti Elegance with Nevis alloys and wanted to paint the alloys to something dark (black or gray or dark titanium). Anyone who painted the alloys, please post some shots of your ride.

The Matterhorn alloys work really well with candy white - if you do go ahead with the change, go for powder coating.

Looks good. is that Tintern in the background ?

Matterhorns look lovely with the lighter grey areas especially with the white, I am less convinced about the plain black, it may just be the lighting in the photographs but the wheel areas do tend to look a bit like  "black holes" set against the white. It may of course look much better in real life.,

• 3 weeks later...

All these black alloys look like steels without trims on to me at first glance.

That is why the Matterhorns et al work best as they have some silver in them to reduce this "black hole I've lost my wheel trims" look.  Also the golden rule is that the round edge of the wheel rim should ALWAYS be silver since that is the bit you will ten to one kerb first. And kerbing a silver bit is less visible since you just eat into the silver rim. Kerb a black painted rim and you have silver gashes on your black wheel which looks tatty immediately.

• Like 1

That is why the Matterhorns et al work best as they have some silver in them to reduce this "black hole I've lost my wheel trims" look.  Also the golden rule is that the round edge of the wheel rim should ALWAYS be silver since that is the bit you will ten to one kerb first. And kerbing a silver bit is less visible since you just eat into the silver rim. Kerb a black painted rim and you have silver gashes on your black wheel which looks tatty immediately.

Still think even the Matterhorns could do with a little more silver on them