Strange sound on set off in my CitiGo

PenguinFromCumbria

When I set off from stationary to moving a strange sloshing sound runs down the drivers side then runs back after initial acceleration. It does it with fuel full, 3/4 full, 1/2 full or nearly empty so I don't think it's the fuel tank. Anyone know what it could be?

that sound like water trapped in the door panel.

i know from the octy mk1 forum that water ingress is stupidly common - down behind the seal at the botom of the glass, might be same here.

i havent looked, but theres most likely a small drain hole on the bottom of the door, which may be block with crap.

that would be m first port of call to check out.

Definitely sounds like water in the door. My ex-wife's Honda Civic was really bad for this - you'd pull the rubber bump stop bung out of the bottom of the doors and leave it emptying for about 2 mins - I swear there must have been nearly 2 litres per door.  Great way to smuggle extra booze back from the continent...

it makes sense that it gets in there though, its impossible to get a completely perfect seal with a moveable pane of glass on one side, esp in heavy rain.

thats why the drains are put in, and the plastic sealing membranes behind the door cards...

just get a piece of wire, and check the drains are clear of crap that might be stopping the water getting back out.

Checked my doors and no water in them at all. Must all drain out when I drive off.

Sent from my PID using Tapatalk

it should do ;)

I get this too! After heavy rain, a slosh under acceleration.

Parked it up in a multi story the other day, came beck after a few hours and there was a big puddle on the floor next to the door.

So, appears to be draining, but it takes a long time.

the drain holes are quite small, if you park facing up a slight gradient, it will drain faster, as gravity will pull the water to drain quicker

• Like 1