Mud flaps worth it?

Hellion

Hi all I'm thinking of getting some front mud flaps ready for when my sport arrives finially at the end of May. Have you guys found them worth while?

I'm not going to do rears as I don't want to drill the bumper.

You dont have to drill the rear bumper to fit the mudflaps? It's the front that need a hole drilled.

Yes they are worth fitting in my opinion.

They would need drilling for the rears but it's only a small hole and would never be noticed only if you got under the car. See my guide for mudflap fitting, I never did drill that hole for the rears, still holding firm and look good. As for keeping the rear of the car clean, well they don't help much, like most vertical backed hatches they all get cacked up pretty quick in bad weather.

• Like 1

They would need drilling for the rears but it's only a small hole and would never be noticed only if you got under the car. See my guide for mudflap fitting, I never did drill that hole for the rears, still holding firm and look good. As for keeping the rear of the car clean, well they don't help much, like most vertical backed hatches they all get cacked up pretty quick in bad weather.

Cheers Mick that's why I thought I might get front only as well. The drive wheels alway going to flick up more rubbish. I'm hoping fronts might stop some stone chips and tar spots have you guys found that?

Cheers Mick that's why I thought I might get front only as well. The drive wheels alway going to flick up more rubbish. I'm hoping fronts might stop some stone chips and tar spots have you guys found that?

Yes the fronts even though they are short do stop most of the muck being thrown onto the sill and up the side.

I always have them fitted whatever the car, front and rear to protect the paintwork etc.