Post your Detailing Product or Gadget Recommendation here

ChrisRs

Product:

Definitive Wax - Pro Edition - 200ml

Reason:

A superb wax blend that offers show wax looks and hardcore wax durability.

Easy on and off, typical cure time 15 mins but left longer still very easy off.

So good the initial two release batches sold out in the first week....

Buy here...when back in stock :giggle: :-

http://www.definitivewax.com/online-shop/definitive-wax-pro-edition/

Pro-Edition.jpg

• Like 1

Easy "Detailing"

Although a relative newcomer to the world of detailing, I believe that the procedure and products I used in my recent First Attempt topic could be a cheap and simple starting point for beginners, and help ease them into this complex world of "bodies beautiful".

The products I used were Mesto Foamer pump sprayer +Traffic Film Remover, (on offer), sealant, screen cleaner and Quick Detailer from PowerMaxed ... Farecla clay mitt, microfibre cloths and G3 Applicator Waffle Pads (3 for 2 offer) from Halfrauds ... then more cheap microfibre cloths and towels from Poundland. (I am not mean ... just careful)... :)

The procedure I used which gave very good results only took a few hours ... granted I did not machine polish with a cutting compound, which would have been done between the claying and sealant application, but at this time I did not think that my paintwork needed that proccess. though the claying has revealed some stone chip marks on the bonnet not evident before, possibly touch up paint lifted out by the clay mitt. (I recently bought the Octavia from a dealer)

I did not come up with this method from my own knowledge, as I say I am a relative beginner, but picked the brains of far more expert members on the forum (one in particular ... :) ) duly acknowleged in my original topic.

Alan.

• Like 2

Product: SiRamik SC15 Glasscoat

Reason: the easiest, non toxic coating I've ever used. Probably the best DIY coating around. Mates car has had it on nearly 2yrs as it went through the testing process & the coating is still holding up well

http://dooka.co.uk/index.php?route=product/search&search=Siramik

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Don't know if this has been covered but the best buy I have is a garage stool

Makes doing the bottom panels of the car so much easier

Especially if your claying polishing then waxing :)

Saves the knees hahahah

• Like 1

Made my own.

Constructed a wooden tray. Put some wheels on it.

Constructed a wooden stool.

Put the stool into the tray and shimmy around the car.

The wheeled tray doubles as a receptacle for my 2 buckets while I'm washing the car.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Product: Zaino Z8 (Spray Quick sealant/Final Finish)

Description:

Z-8 Grand Finale™ Spray Seal:

• Leaves a high gloss, high shine, deep, rich, wet finish thanks to advanced optical-clarifying polymers
  • Leaves an ultra-slick finish that repels dust, dirt, environmental fallout and other stains
  • Locks in the improved looks and protection for weeks - not days
  • Contains anti-UV agents to protect your vehicle's finish against damaging sun rays
  • Is easy to use: wipe on, wipe off

Can be used over any Wax or sealant...Not cheap but worth it

I use it now on mine and my clients' cars and they are impressed

Buy HERE

Mine bottle of Z8 has just run out. I actually bought it 1/2 full off a DW member simply to try. Although I do rate it, I don't think the effects are that good on a solid paint colour. When I use on the OH's metallic black Peugeot, the results are much better than on the flat Candy White on my Superb, but that is to be expected really.

I usually just top the GTechniq with it to give it that little extra slickness.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Product:

Shine mate Handi-Grip (or equivalent); Flexipads Palm Grip; etc.

Description:

Useful Wax applicator solution. Allows for a nice even and thin layer on the paint. Reduces any hand cramps/spasms IMO.

Puck plus 2 x 3" pad. Soft pad (black) can be used for wax application, light cutting pas (orange) can be used for hand polishing.

Link:  http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/accessories/wax-polish-applicators/shinemate-handi-grip-applicator-kit/prod_1475.html

Picture:

shinemate-hand-pad-kit1.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Autobrite-direct Britegel

Non acidic Gel wheel cleaner

Tried this new product from AD and wondered what all the hype was about this product. ( Product has had very good reviews on various FB detailing pages). I used a detailing brush to spread the product on to the wheels, and left for 3 to 4 minutes.I then used an EZ wheel brush to spread the product to rear of the wheels. Plenty of lather made from the product and then power washed the wheels. 

The Yeti wheels were well clean and it also cleaned the Tyre fronts. A very good wheel cleaner and only £8 per bottle

Tony

Product:  Windscreen/glass cleaning tool

Description:  A few versions of this with differing designs, and microfibre cloth covers.

Makes cleaning of windscreen edges very easy and ideal for saloons with tricky rear screens.

Pictures below of two types..... cheap chinese one (first pic) on eBay under £2 delivered!!!!

Advanced/improved version with extra cloth caps etc is over £10...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Windshield-Clean-Fast-Easy-Shine-Car-Auto-Wiper-Cleaner-Glass-Window-Brush-Handy-/221885737379?hash=item33a96ba9a3:g:sf0AAOSwQTVV9ujV

$_57.JPG

Glass.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Product:  'Cheap' Snow Foam Lance....All Fittings available

Description:  Imported to a Supplier in Newcastle...so no long wait ...This Snow Foam lance is top quality...I wasn't expecting it to be, being Chinese made

But I'm blown away by it...So I thought I would recommended it here....so straight on eBay...Found it...For £14.99 £17.59 with Free delivery, its unbelievable value!!

Having Sold my original Autobrite 'Karcher Lance', I now need another due to my work off site with my old Karcher Pressure Washer

It only took 3 days to come as well!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hug-Flight-Pressure-Washer-Karcher-K-Series-Compatible-Snow-Foam-Lance-Bottle-/231604757920?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

EDITED DUE TO PRICE CHANGE (02/01/16)

Edited by ChrisRs
  • Like 3

Product:  'Cheap' Snow Foam Lance....All Fittings available

Description:  Imported to a Supplier in Newcastle...so no long wait ...This Snow Foam lance is top quality...I wasn't expecting it to be, being Chinese made

But I'm blown away by it...So I thought I would recommended it here....so straight on eBay...Found it...For £14.99 with Free delivery, its unbelievable value!!

Having Sold my original Autobrite 'Karcher Lance', I now need another due to my work off site with my old Karcher Pressure Washer

It only took 3 days to come as well!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hug-Flight-Pressure-Washer-Karcher-K-Series-Compatible-Snow-Foam-Lance-Bottle-/231604757920?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

Awesome find Chris, that's my dads Xmas present sorted!

• Like 1

Something a bit different from the usual array of detailing products.

Anyway - most of the summer I have been detailing in my shorts & t-shirt....

Last weekend..... i was struggling for something more suited to the elements;

and save me ruining a pair of jeans perhaps....

After a look round and some input from my good mate Shaun... i have opted for these:-

http://www.sportsdirect.com/dunlop-on-site-safety-trousers-mens-634020?colcode=63402026

63402026_xl.jpg

Bargain at £20... padded/protective knee sections, added pockets, etc. May be of interest to some on here perhaps :thumbup:

• Like 1

Something a bit different from the usual array of detailing products.

Anyway - most of the summer I have been detailing in my shorts & t-shirt....

Last weekend..... i was struggling for something more suited to the elements;

and save me ruining a pair of jeans perhaps....

After a look round and some input from my good mate Shaun... i have opted for these:-

http://www.sportsdirect.com/dunlop-on-site-safety-trousers-mens-634020?colcode=63402026

63402026_xl.jpg

Bargain at £20... padded/protective knee sections, added pockets, etc. May be of interest to some on here perhaps [emoji106]

Grabbing some of these myself. He sent me the link last week. Very good quality too by the looks of things!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yep definitely an essential :thumbup:

I tend to use the Dickies workwear stuff - really hard wearing. Got my last set on eBay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DICKIES-MENS-REDHAWK-ACTION-WORK-WEAR-CARGO-COMBAT-TROUSERS-KNEE-PADS-POCKETS-/181662999485

Thanks for that link - they look quite good as well; especially at that price! :thumbup: