Mongrel badly misfiring post quarter mile racing

Well, I've ruled out the camshaft.  Smooth and smooth can be. :)

DSC_0095.jpg

Now as the symptoms came on really suddenly after my little blat, I am now looking at that pesky wiring loom (it seems fine to what I can see) and then sadly next call is to remove and inspect the injector units, which will be a garage job only sadly.....

OK - put cam cover back on....  Been out for a drive and everything is fine.....  Smooth (as smooth as it ever was :D) again!   I'm not sure if this points to the wiring loom as I did just push down on each injector connection as a precaution whilst I was mooching around up there.

The only bad thing I found (before taking cam cover off) was the car was quite low on oil, but not dangerously so.  Doubt highly that is linked to my symptoms, but more likely linked to the thrashing it got yesterday.

• Like 1

seriously jas, have you not scanned it for faults?

Of course I had, but there was nothing fuelling related - however, just been out locally for a bit and it was enough to get engine warm, and the car gradually started misfiring again.....  :(

However, this time VCDS gave me a clue

18074 - PD Unit Injector; Cylinder 1 (N240) 
            P1666 - 35-00 - Electrical Malfunction

I am thinking that is pointing more toward the wiring loom? :D

Of course I had, but there was nothing fuelling related - however, just been out locally for a bit and it was enough to get engine warm, and the car gradually started misfiring again.....   :(

However, this time VCDS gave me a clue

18074 - PD Unit Injector; Cylinder 1 (N240) 
            P1666 - 35-00 - Electrical Malfunction

I am thinking that is pointing more toward the wiring loom? :D

ahh, right. that sounds familiar and was cured by a new loom :thumbup: