1.9td fabia NOT VRS?remapping

Point me in a good direction please Matt. Blown the engine and turbo in my Volvo v50 and been gagging for another skoda workhorse, picked a 04 fab with 122000 full service history for peanuts, it's mint. And would love to **** all over the big boys in my new steed

I'd have said Unit 18 but you are a fair trek away. A lot of guys swear by Shark and Faboka vrs (a user on here) for mapping. Both can do it remotely, shark have a unit you can use to upload and remove the map yourself, Faboka does it via email I believe and use a cheap vcds cable. Either will provide you with a nice smooth map. 

• Like 1

If you buy a used vrs turbo then you can get it mapped to 160bhp. If you want to go to above that you'll need vrs injectors. I've got a faboka map and it's awesome, deffo worth considering. The max most people recommend as a standard pd100 is upto 130bhp. The good thing about yours is you can put a decent solid flywheel and clutch in cheap

• Like 1

The good thing about yours is you can put a decent solid flywheel and clutch in cheap

Can you elaborate on this please? Are there some you can't do it on and some you can. Just idle interest really.

Can you elaborate on this please? Are there some you can't do it on and some you can. Just idle interest really.

The 5 speed ones you can fit a g60 flywheel and clutch which is fairly cheap and it handles good power whereas compared to the vrs for a decent setup it's about £800+ I've just got a sachs dmf setup for vrs to fit on Monday and that was £400

I've had my faboka high torque map on for nearly 10k and mines just starred to slip but at 130k on the original I can't complain. Got all the bits so will sling it in on Monday and then should see another 100k easily out of it

Ok cheers all, gunna get the mapp done. And maybe start collecting some bits and bobs, I will start the list please feel free to finish it

1 vrs turbo (do I need manifold)

2 vrs injectors

As far as I'm aware 160 is the limit of the pd100 injectors but about 170 is the limit of the vrs turbo so may be worth just doing the turbo. The turbo is part of the manifold so will come as one piece. I'd speak to faboka on here and see what he suggests in all honesty as to whether it's worth getting the injectors for the extra 10 or so bhp

My 'PD105' Roomster is running PD130/PD150 injectors and Shark Software, 5 speed box that has a SMF as standard. Future plans include a BFOFMIC and a hybrid tubby B)

That must surprise a few people.

Butt dyno says +/-150bhp

Is that at AmD? If so, unlikely. I'm south east based during the week and Leicester at weekends.

Yes that's the one.

Ah shame would have been a excuse to check it.

• 5 months later...

ok worked with fabrooka on the remap and the car has transformed, power, mpgs, and is a joy to **** people off. I have gone back on to standard wheels filled with nitrogen {more mpgs don't lose pressure} the car payed back the cost of remap within say 5 weeks with the mileage I do. currently looking for a pd150 turbo and a front mount intercooler which I will try and hide as much as possible, to keep this street sleeper a secret, then its back to hidden power aka fabrooka for another dual map setup . cheers all ricky

• Like 2

ok worked with fabrooka on the remap and the car has transformed, power, mpgs, and is a joy to **** people off. I have gone back on to standard wheels filled with nitrogen {more mpgs don't lose pressure} the car payed back the cost of remap within say 5 weeks with the mileage I do. currently looking for a pd150 turbo and a front mount intercooler which I will try and hide as much as possible, to keep this street sleeper a secret, then its back to hidden power aka fabrooka for another dual map setup . cheers all ricky

i recommend fitting the front hub housing from a vrs,then you can fit the 288mm brake setup from the vrs or with extra parts the 312mm setup from octy vrs