Sponsor: Tuning the new 2.0T Octy!

• 3 weeks later...

Amazing results from a mechanically stock car. It seems that VAG have substantially over-engineered the breathing system (intake and exhaust), turbo, fueling system and internals to provide such impressive gains. The larger turbo on the mk3 seems to pay dividends. Very few modern road cars (Skylines aside) show >35% power gains from just a remap.

Edited by Orville

Any pined date when this supposed to be out on market? I'm referring to dp , intake and ecu chip. Any estimated price on those to

As soon as it's ready. We're working on it every day. I'm hoping mid-summer, but it could be sooner or later than that.

Amazing results from a mechanically stock car. It seems that VAG have substantially over-engineered the breathing system (intake and exhaust), turbo, fueling system and internals to provide such impressive gains. The larger turbo on the mk3 seems to pay dividends. Very few modern road cars (Skylines aside) show >35% power gains from just a remap.

Indeed! We've noticed this trend on the 2.5Ts in particular that factory airboxes and exhausts are actually very well designed. I think another factor is that VAG is definitely underrating the potential of these motors. 

• 4 weeks later...

Found this on vwvortex :D

10366076_10152028615875356_5069664269590

Not to be too eager, but when is Stage 2 coming?

Great numbers for stage 1 though.

I´ve got the DSG on my car, does stage 1 require any update in addition? I see that O.C.T Tuning require the DSG to be reprogrammed if you have DSG, and it also has an additional cost.

Edited by furyfax

Any comments on what the frontal Diff is doing with this new found power? Getting my new Octavia in 2 weeks time and was hoping to do the remap after the initial break in period. Cant find too many LSD diffs for the new Octy though.

Any comments on what the frontal Diff is doing with this new found power? Getting my new Octavia in 2 weeks time and was hoping to do the remap after the initial break in period. Cant find too many LSD diffs for the new Octy though.

The traction control is controlled by the ecu and the brakes--a "virtual" diff as it were. No need to worry. Oh and the factory traction control is leaps and bounds beyond the outgoing TSI gen1. I've been on the track with these cars and they work phenomenally; Brutal driving conditions all day long and they don't skip a beat.

Good stuff, cant wait to try this out. Contacted a Finnish reseller and was told that the exact pricing is still being finalized. Any comments when other mods will be released for RS? I see that the intake is already availible.

Anyone had their car remapped and got some honest feedback?

Quite a few customers have now. I haven't seen any here, but here are dynographs of this software performing around the world.

South Africa 95RON:

14609912817_76810561d9_b.jpg

Israel:

14609729550_f752de42ac_c.jpg

Scotland:

14796081942_4e55e67a05_c.jpg

Arizona, USA (91 Octane/95RON, 100*F)

14796082022_ba3715d885_b.jpg

Germany (98 RON):

14796431535_e0066c6d4e_b.jpg

Looking good Evan, im off to look at a new Octavia vRS this afternoon, hopefully this engine will prove more reliable than the old Fabia did lol.  I'm led to believe that you have a lower torque software version available for manuals on the stock clutch?  Is this true and would peak power remain the same?

I take it if were looking at 315hp @ stage 1 then stage 2 will be peaking at around 350hp?

Quite a few customers have now. I haven't seen any here, but here are dynographs of this software performing around the world.

Scotland:

14796081942_4e55e67a05_c.jpg

I'm led to believe that you have a lower torque software version available for manuals on the stock clutch? 

Nah, we never offer low torque versions to accommodate a stock clutch. So far the stock clutches are holding up fine with stage 1 sw.

Stage 2 isn't available yet so I can't comment on what I expect the HP to be, but I doubt it would be a 40bhp gain.

Here's a link to the product page for all of the info. http://www.goapr.co.uk/products/ecu_upgrade_20tsi_gen3_mqb.html