My "marmite" Yeti

• 2 weeks later...

Today's additions:

Some more piano black trim - to match the centre console & steering wheel:

313obbq.jpg
1zmct2v.jpg

I have the parts for the rear doors and will add those at some stage also.

And a very useful (genuine skoda) rubber mat to fit over the rear centre tunnel to protect the carpet:

2n8u4r6.jpg

• Like 1

I nearly ordered one of those rubber mats from SuperSkoda (link for Wardy) in their 20% sale last week, but didn't get around to it before the sale finished.

Are they as good quality as the genuine Skoda floor mats?

I'm liking that Piano black trim as well. Did you do it yourself or were the parts available like that?

• Like 1

@KBPhoto - that part you have linked is for a genuine skoda part.

I bought the same from skodadop but only for convenience as it was part of a larger order. Otherwise I woukd have bought from my nearest skoda dealer.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well it's a year old and for it's birthday (well 14 days overdue anyway) I decided to spend a little TLC on the car and give it a clean & polish.

It's covered 21000 miles and is fairing very well - barely any stone chips on the front - saw one or two marks but they turned out to be tar spots which polished out.

One or two chips have appeared on the lower sections of the doors - mostly on the drivers side. A dab of touch-in paint has seen to those.

Tyres all wearing evenly and still look like they have another 10,000 miles in them.

And the big news is - I have de-modded the car.... slightly.

Yes, after 1 year with the B pillar covers on, I'd now see what the car looks like without them. So one of the "marmite" features removed.

My initial reaction is that it makes a refreshing change - and gives back some of its "Yeti-ness"

Anyways, after this and a few of the other external mods I have done recently, I thought it time for some refreshed photos...

xeeopd.jpg
1z5kk7q.jpg
14jbz4k.jpg
hrkknk.jpg
jkan48.jpg

I still have 1 subtle exterior mod to do, but waiting for a nicer day to spend some time doing that.

3 of the 4 B pillar covers cracked when removing them. I probably could have got them all off in one piece if I had been more careful but one was damaged from a few months ago anyway so I wasn't exactly precious about them.

A bit of heat & "sticky-stuff-remover" soon had the sticky tape removed.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Today's detail (though a fair bit of work) upgrade - fitting of the L&K side rubbing strips - complete with the silver embellisher - to replace the standard Elegance black ones:

2qjvgps.jpg
wwnngi.jpg

Had the car 14 months now out of a 42 month lease - so this may well be the last "upgrade" to it - it is certainly the final "planned" modification - especially as we may be persuaded to part with it at around 30 months while it's still covered under warranty.

Will take some "finished" photos of it in a few weeks when I get chance to give it a nice & thorough wash.

• 2 weeks later...

Well after declaring it "finished" - it seemed others disagreed - so someone in a Volvo decided to restyle it for me by pushing me into a Renault Scenic..

9uxa86.jpg
11go841.jpg
2pzjodv.jpg
rwqr6q.jpg

I know I have posted these images on another thread, but thought it worth including them here for completeness as they are a fairly significant development in my "Project Journal"!

Bit of a shame as I did actually have one "extra" mod to do to the car myself - in the form of the "Yeti" motif side decals - maybe *if* the car gets repaired (though the early feedback isn't good) I can get the bodyshop to apply the decals for me.

That's not the sort of mod I'd expect to hear about here. Sorry to hear about this incident.

Sounds like it might be 'back to square one' on a new Yeti...

• 4 weeks later...

Well it's well on the way to recovery... waiting for a few bits on backorder and I had to source a replacement spoiler as they couldn't source one - hopefully will be back on the road in the next 1-2 weeks - and there will be some differences to before... I figured if it's going to have repairs, it may as well come out with some improvements!

2u5t2tx.jpg
3495b0x.jpg
  • Like 4

That dudes hair in the first photo though :x glad it's getting sorted

Sideline job while Quo aren't touring...

...or is it just me that thought of Rick Parfitt?

• Like 2