Bluetooth Module for 2009 Superb Greenline

Anyone know what spec bluetooth module is required for a 2009 Superb Greenline, as far as I know it sits under the drivers seat, nothing there at present, I presume there is a cable for connecting one.

there is a Balaero radio system as standard in the car.

any idea of cost and where to pick one up, I guess Skoda main dealers know how to charge.

N.P

I retrofitted BT in my Superb.

The latest BT module available is the 3C8 035 730D version. This one is compatible with all phones (iPhones and others ;) ) , has all the goodies, A2DP streaming, WIFI Hotspot function (only when using rSAP) etc.

I bought from canshack.de, you select the optional cable, microphone and GSM antenna, total about 250 EUR or 200 UKP. Shipping was fast, installation was doable. You need VCDS to do the coding though.

http://www.canshack.de/volkswagen-bluetooth-premium-fse-3c8-035-730-d-3c8035730d.html

Remarks;

1. 3 Ways of securing the BT module underneath your seat. You can buy the metal support, rare and pricey, or the foam cover that velcroes in place (I did this, 8€ from the dealer), or you just hide it somewhere else/ziptie it in place

2. If I was you, I would save the money....and upgrade to a Columbus instead....in a car like the Superb it looks so much nicer, even though the system itself is quite dated. If you use reputable sources and want the latest revision, you are looking at 1500€ though...Canshack.de has them too...

3. You can look up the partnumber 3C8 035 730D on eBay or something, and try to save a few bob. And you can still buy the cable + microphone + antenna separate from canshack.de

It's a bit of a faff, but overall it's worth it. The person who ordered my car with BT ended up not buying it, and the 1st owner when speccing a new car didn't want/need the BT. So Skoda ripped out the BT module, leaving everything else (cable, microphone) in place. I just had to plug in the BT module and fit the antenna, coding, and done.

Edited by Too Tall

What about a Amudsen+ unit with built in BT? You'll also gain Sat Nav.

The Columbus does not have BT: an external module is needed.

Personally, I'd stick with the Bolero and get a BT module and loom from CarSystems.pl and fit that. About £130 IIRC

If you choose to upgrade the head unit later, you'll still be compatible with the BT and won't need to source a HU with it built in.

SkodaNP

I also have a 2009, mine is a elegance, I have just upgraded the blue tooth unit. Like you I was unsure of the right unit as time has moved on from the advice giving for the 2009 (B unit) upgrades. after a bit of advice on here I got mine from Carsystems in Poland. I came in about a week and was just plug and play.It was 170is euros about £135, which was about £30 more than ebay for a used version, so I went for the new unit from Car systems. It took me about 5 minutes to fit. I can now connect to my HTC one and the all other phones inn the house including the sons Iphone.

Have you manage to upgrade your maps or firmware, pm if required.

http://www.carsystems.pl/vw-bluetooth-module-3c8035730c-000051473k-upgrade,id416.html

Rufus

Opps I after re reading I see you are not after an upgrade but to retofitt. Car systems also do the kit. If you look at the "pinned" topics at the top I am sure their is one that explains how to fit.

Also if you do a search on ebay for Rsn 510 you will find non skoda aftermarket units (Kenwood etc) that are the 2 din size that are a start swap

Edited by rufusmcc

Many thanks to all for your replys,  have a good few options there to think about.

The superb 2009 greenline does'nt come with any blutooth module as standard (as far as im aware) so I am just looking for one that ties in with my existing Bolero radio unit. not looking for any sat nav advantages etc,  just handsfree for the mobile phone.

I am on for fitting this myself too, and getting the cheapest one.  I reckon the BT module and loom from CarSystems.pl and fit that for About £130 IIRC as mentioned by KB - by any chance have you a code or link to that type module.

Thanks NP

Gents, I think I described my radio unit incorrectly as a bolero, im thinking its more of a version of the Columbus, it has no name written on the front of the unit but has 3 buttons on the left "RADIO" "MEDIA" "PHONE" and on the right  "TIM" "TP" "SETUP"  other than that I cant tell, the two twist knobs have skoda badge's on them,  manual in the glove box is a Columbus but this has 4 buttons on the left and right. I have a photo but unable to upload images to this site.

my question is will the BT unit still work for me.

It's not a Columbus. It might be a Bolero: there were some versions that did not say Bolero on them.

But with the Skoda logo on the two buttons, it sounds like a Chinese clone to me...

Can you remove the unit and check the stickers?

Removed the unit and found the following on the radio unit:

on the top sticker;

SK-3T0 035 156B

BP-7 648 259 360

class 1 lazer product

FD 0709

HW 006

SW 0036

on the side sticker;

Blaupunkt GMBH

815 7 648 259 360

SK212319873844

Skoda Mid EU

made in portugal

any ideas on a bluetooth module for this ?

thanks NP

• 1 year later...

I have the SK-3T0 035 156B headunit fitted to my superb, but I haven’t got Bluetooth installed. So I’m looking to add the Bluetooth module.

Is 3C8 035 730D the module I need and what functions come with it?

Will I be able to stream music? And will caller display appear on the touch screen radio?

Thanks

I have a 2011 Greenline and have just done this myself, used a similar kit to this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-2015-ORIGINAL-VW-KIT-3C8035730-E-Bluetooth-Premium-FSE-rSAP-SMS-A2DP-Wi-Fi-/121615330184?hash=item1c50d6ab88.

Acivate telephone option with vcds and away you go.

I put the unit behind the glovebox as you have to take it out to run the wifi antenna and the microphone anyway.

The bluetooth streaming is worth the install alone.

Edited by grumpygreg3269
  • Like 1