How to remove front bumper from skoda fabia MK1

Hi,

I've just received a brand new front bumper primed but not colour matched yet. Not bad for £35.98 from eurocarpart.com

My old one has a huge crack in the front and will not longer hold the black plastic grille in place that's in 3 pieces.

The thing looks massive in my living room.

I have read my Haynes manual and it gives very basic instructions with no pictures really on how to remove this. Could anyone with any experience of the give me some pointers. 

I wish I could find a video of this but I can't. 

Thanks

torx screws in the wheel arches (make sure you remove the top one which is actually screwed into the bumper , otherwise it will snap) , there are two big torx screws on top (youll see them when you open the bonnet) and there are some underneath the car too. once all screws removed the bumper will still be clipped in place along each side by the wheel arches , so you have to carefully pull it away from the car. make sure you remove that torx screw ! there is a guide on here somewhere ill try find it

• Like 1

Thank you very much. Your help is much appreciated.

I love my fabia, its my first car so I want to keep it going as long as possible.

I've got lots of torx bits so hopefully fingers crossed it will go alright.

Seeing you can't do anymore damage to the old bumper, you can take your time on removing old bumper..

So go for it, take heed what previous members state about tools you will require..

• 5 months later...
  • 4 years later...