To Debadge or not to debadge... That is the question

That looks fantastic Coops I must say

Thanks damo - the chrome works well against the white and it looks brill when clean. The back just didn't look right with the model designation IMO

De-badged makes it look not finished properly, or that it's been in a rear end smash and the badges are on back order.

This logic always makes me smile :)

A rear end smash where both sides of the tailgate have been affected where the badges were, but the badge in the middle has miraculously escaped damage :D

In which case I've had an awful lot of cars with rear end damage :P

• Like 1

This logic always makes me smile :)

A rear end smash where both sides of the tailgate have been affected where the badges were, but the badge in the middle has miraculously escaped damage :D

In which case I've had an awful lot of cars with rear end damage :p

IIRC the two side badges are stick on, and not usually transferred from one tailgate to another, whereas the center badge is push on?

Just stating my opinion as to just how naff it looks IMO, that's all.

I do prefer the de-badged look.  Makes it look less fussy, and you get the symmetry across the rear panel.  Having said that, I still have those cheap old bits of plastic chrome in mis-matched type face stuck on mine.

Ive debadged a fair few of my previous cars

I must say that the Superb has me torn between the clean look and leaving it alone

I think whats stopping me, is the font of the Superb badge is quite nice.

TDi one is neither here nor there, but it would look wrong just removing that one only

• Like 1

Ive debadged a fair few of my previous cars

I must say that the Superb has me torn between the clean look and leaving it alone

I think whats stopping me, is the font of the Superb badge is quite nice.

TDi one is neither here nor there, but it would look wrong just removing that one only

The Superb logo is pretty elegant :) 

• Like 1

The replies to this post just goes to emphasise how different we all are.....and that is a good thing! Personally, I'm in the debadging group, the first thing to go on my cars along with those poxy stickers the dealers slap on your windows!  :wall:

As for people thinking I'm driving a 1.4 instead of a 3.6 I couldn't honestly give a monkey's!  :happy:

• Like 1

@Leon - I had an Octavia Estate in that colour (Storm Blue) - looked great when detailed with the flake pop. That was debadged too!

Agreed - it's either all or nothing. Leaving just "Superb" would look wrong and not symmetric.

@Leon - I had an Octavia Estate in that colour (Storm Blue) - looked great when detailed with the flake pop. That was debadged too!

Agreed - it's either all or nothing. Leaving just "Superb" would look wrong and not symmetric.

Yeah storm blue was an epic colour! Damo it crossed my mind a while back but you've got me thinking about it too!

Damn...!

Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_342 using Tapatalk

As for people thinking I'm driving a 1.4 instead of a 3.6 I couldn't honestly give a monkey's!  :happy:

Ah, but you obviously do, as it has touched a nerve. Otherwise you wouldn't have mentioned it.  :giggle:

No one knows it is a 3.6, but the v6 and 4x4 or the tdi and Superb logo on Damo's combi look symmetrical too.

Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_342 using Tapatalk

No one knows it is a 3.6

You don't need a badge with a V6. you just put your foot down and that Engine says it all!! I'd love to see a few in Ireland, sadly we never will with our tax system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

You've surprised me there mate

Would have said a detailer would prefer them off (from a easier to clean point of view)

Its a tricky OCD dilemma is that Damo!

I understand the detailing aspect .... but never de-badged any of my cars - EVER.  :giggle:

Ah, but you obviously do, as it has touched a nerve. Otherwise you wouldn't have mentioned it.  :giggle:

Lol! Only somebody with a woodburner under the bonnet would respond to my comment  :rofl:  :rofl: