Tesco Customer Service contact

Gwilo

SWMBO and I had an absolutely shocking experience at one of our local stores yesterday around trying to return a clearly faulty tablet device.

I've written it all up, and the key issues raised.

I now want to send this to customer services.  I'm not looking for compo, just concerned at what happened  (obstruction of UK consumer rights, bare faced lying by staff either to cover up ignorance of material facts or because they've been trained to to save Tesco a few quid).

It occurred to me that in the past, some people have obtained the email addresses of various high ups in organisations and copied them into any such correspondence - notably Terry Leahy when he was in charge at Tesco.

So I wondered, what's the protocol/etiquette for doing the same in this instance?  

A quick Google session has brought up several names of individuals who are currently employed as customer service directors for Tesco PLC (good use of social networking there....).

I'm therefore assuming the email naming convention will still be "[email protected]" as it was for Terry Leahy.

Like I said, I'm not looking for compensation, but I would like to know what training staff receive in consumer rights awareness and responsibilities and why Tesco employees are trying to apply a wholly inapplicable policy to a  clear situation to avoid dealing with it, what 'A' and 'B' and 'C' mean in practice on an item receipt (this is not publicised anywhere on their website I can find).

Would it be unethical/bad form to copy these directors into my email from the outset?

Have a look at companies house. That will have details of Tesco company directors but it might cost you a quid to get it.

I'd have a chat with your local Trading Standards too.

Try www.ceomail.com. currently I'm in the process of making formal complaints both to asda direct and their courier,regarding an order I placed for a specific day delivery which u paid a premium for as I was off that day,confirmed my by asda email,only for the courier tried to deliver the following day after my day off choice. They kept saying the same crap about contacting the courier, so after 4 times contacting them,still no delivery,so I sent an email to both ceo

Somewhat surprised, I've all ways found Tesco customer service staff very helpful and obliging.

Did someone go in with a very heavy handed/aggressive attitude?

I was responsible for the customer service department of a large retail company (700 stores plus) and once a week I spent about half an hour on the desks taking calls.......I couldn't believe the attitude of some customers.

Is the customer always right.....of course not

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using my thumbs

• Like 2

I bought an Acer tablet a year ago from Tesco Direct, but the receipt was missing from the delivery, and didnt arrive by email either.

I contacted them several times and was promised the receipt would be sent out each time.

Eventually I got very upset and pointed out they had now wasted so much time, I could no longer claim on the Acer cash-back offer, so the said they would refund me the value of the offer.

Still had neither receipt or cash-back.

I dont shop with Tesco Direct any longer, and only use their petrol stations when desperate.

• Like 1

I bought a camera from them in store, just before we were about to head off to the airport to go on holiday. Got the box home and opened it and the camera wasn't in the box but all the accessories were (only a small camera so didn't notice the weight difference in the box when it was handed over the counter). Went straight back to the store and saw the same woman on the counter and she was very apologetic and got another one.

Was very relieved as, as soon as I realised it wasn't in the box all I could think was that I couldn't prove it wasn't there and would they believe me??

Edited by jz19