Rapid sport dash vibration

Hey I'm new to the forum, looking some advice I recently got a new rapid sport had it now for about 3 month done just over 2000 miles and there is a terrible vibration coming from the dash it sounds like it's behind the dash behind where the radio is, spoke with the dealer who after an argument is looking into it for me, one of the so called mechanics came out to have a look and after clearly hearing the vibration goes on to say that you will get vibrations and squeaks from cars which is fair enough my fabia had a few vibrations but at over 40000 miles you would except a couple not a new brand new car, any thoughts would be really appreciated as from reading through a few topics I know few people have rapid sports, thanks Jason

Complain to SUK, the dealer is just trying to fob you off. Likely some loose cable or similar, the fix is probably simple if only they could be bothered to look for it.

New car should have no rattles, rattles on a new car mean it was not put together correctly.

On Roomsters, quite often the glovebox light switch falls out and can rattle, it is to the left of the radio. Rapid is not that much different in mechanical arrangement other than the dashboard shape. In any case, I'd get the dealer to pull out the radio and look for loose cables, plugs etc.

Edited by dieselV6
  • Like 1

Welcome to the forum! I seldom if ever go back to a dealer with rattles.  They usually adopt the attitude yours has or simply solve one and create several others.  Try if possible to get someone to drive the car while you sit in the passenger seat.  You can then better work out where it's coming from and try prodding and pressing the plastic around the area to see if it stops.  If it does a bit of padding can usually fix it.  Bear in mind that I've found from experience that where the rattle sounds like it's coming from may be nowhere near its actual source.  Could be under the bonnet or the trim that runs along the bulkhead under the bonnet.  Good luck

My octavia used produce a winding-type noise, a kind of buzzing rattle from the dash area when I accelerated enthusiastically and reached a certain rev count. The dealer was typically useless, after all, they had my lolly!

I grew to accept the rattle and had no real dramas with that car. Verdict: sound car but custmer service is dead.

Update: left the car in with skoda on Wednesday. Turned out the radio was the problem, they said after a lot of fiddling around with it, they finally got it to stop vibrating and to be fair the car has been silent since getting back which is great

• 3 years later...

I've just bought my second hand rapid. Within a couple of days a loud rattle started around the passenger side dash board. Drove to work this morning and it was driving me mad. I parked up and sat in the passenger seat while banging on the dash to recreate the rattle. Sure enough I found where it was coming from. I've wedged a bit of card between where the dash plastic meets the windscreen and it's done the trick. Just got to put up with a bit of card poking out of the dash, better than that bloody rattle though. 

It's a cheap car, built down to a price for places like China, Brazil and Mexico from old spec parts (Golf IV and old Polo's mostly).

Rattles and creaks ( door seals, front suspension especially) are commonplace, and there is evidence of cost cutting all over. (no auto windows, no bonnet sound insulation to name just a couple).

However, back to my first point, It's seriously cheap. That is what caused me to go and buy another one after more than 3 years of intermittent rattles and groans from the first.