Awful first experience of Skoda

I ordered my new vRS Tsi estate last Thursday and was given a provisional build date of week 40, my dealer called today with an update to some questions I had and also told me my build week is now 29. It Will more than likely change depending on part availability. But it will be here when it's here. Before I ordered the dealer did say it was around a 20 week wait for vRS models at the moment

I have an update.

The dealer refused to offer me a loan car for my holiday...I only wanted it for four days..! I thought this was very blinkered.

I now have an unconfirmed build week of mid June, Skoda UK may offer me a car for my holiday if I call back on June 5th, as they will definitely know then that I won't have the car in time. Crazy if you ask me, bearing in mind it hasn't even been built yet I can't see them getting my new car to me before my holiday on the 25th June?!?

Again, poor CS from Skoda - all I want is for someone to grow a pair and say "Don't worry, however it pans out, we'll look after you". I sincerely hope that this isn't representative of life with a Skoda for the next 3 years, when it comes to parts/dealers/courtesy cars etc.

• Like 1

Write to

Alistair Stewart,

Skoda Auto Customer Service,

Selectapost 34,

Sheffield.

S97 3FA

He's the SUK boss. Write out your concerns etc. I now have an 'exec support' guy on my case and it does seem to focus attention. I too want a loan car as my VRS Estate is being built w/c 16/6 and unlikely to be with me before my trip to LeMans classic in July. Not confirmed yet, but seems promising.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Are these delivery issues only with the VRS models? I only ask because I've ordered a 2ltr hatch in Elegance and a few extra toys and I was quoted delivery in mid September. Am I likely to experience similar problems?

I heard at least 52 weeks for the L&K and it they will all be 2016MY

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

That is absolutely ludicrous.

At this rate, the PDI will include ordering your next car :dull:

Are these delivery issues only with the VRS models? I only ask because I've ordered a 2ltr hatch in Elegance and a few extra toys and I was quoted delivery in mid September. Am I likely to experience similar problems?

My combi 2.0 TDi Elegance with toys currently has a provisional BW of 42. It was ordered late May (week 22).

Expect around 12 - 16 weeks for an Elegance, and 22 weeks plus for a vRS.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I think that's about right, I ordered VRs in late March, original delivery September now confirmed mid August, if that is to be believed! A colleague ordered an Elegance at the same time, now built and actual delivery imminent, so there you go.............
  • Like 1

I think that's about right, I ordered VRs in late March, original delivery September now confirmed mid August, if that is to be believed! A colleague ordered an Elegance at the same time, now built and actual delivery imminent, so there you go.............

They were from 2 different dealers this week when I was ordering, so cant be too far out. Basically, and Elegance ordered now should be with you end of September, early October.

• 1 month later...

Update, have a shiny new Elegance estate from SUK on my drive to use until my car is built its even the same colour as my VRS will be :) :)

Just been informed that my VRs is now in the UK, have done nearly 4k on loan car. Thanks to Skoda uk for this amazing service

Hoping I can let it run to get a 65 plate :)

Just been informed that my VRs is now in the UK, have done nearly 4k on loan car. Thanks to Skoda uk for this amazing service

By the way meat to say the Elegance 1.6pd was surprisingly good to drive, was suspecting it would be gutless but actually very nice, mind you rental cars are always quicker

You really want the loan car for another whole year...?  :S

Good news though - and just tell them you can't possibly get to the dealership until 1st September to take delivery... they can hardly argue given how long it's taken already.

You really want the loan car for another whole year...?  :S

Good news though - and just tell them you can't possibly get to the dealership until 1st September to take delivery... they can hardly argue given how long it's taken already.

Good point, meant 64 plate!

• 2 weeks later...