Window close using keyfob?

bk1

Hi. I am selling an Audi A3 and buying an Octavia Elegance (53 plate).

On the Audi I could hold the "lock" button on the keyfob and the windows would close. Can anyone tell me if the Octavia will do this? (I know the newer model does, but I want to know if the older model does, or even whether it can be made to do it (e.g. programmed using vag-com)).

I know that the Skoda has one-touch windows but it would be nice to know if the windows and sunroof could all be closed with the keyfob.

One other comment: I'm surprised there is no alarm on these cars, just deadlocks and immobiliser. Do many people get an alarm fitted afterwards?

My windows (but not the sunroof) close when you hold the key in the fiully anti-clock position but AFAIK it doesnt work on the fob.

Just immobiliser and deadlocks is a tad stingy for a near TOTR model

What engine is your Octy going to have?

Thanks, I did some more searching and yes, it seems that you have to use the key in the door, and cannot use the keyfob to close windows unless you have bought the alientech thingy or got an aftermarket alarm that will auto-close windows for you.

Key in the door should be ok. I just wanted a quick way to close 4 windows and a sunroof without having to climb back into the car and fanny about with ignition on, etc.

Sorry - replies coming in thick and fast.

It's a 1.8T, which is the same engine as I had in my A3.

Just went for a look at the weekend and ended up doing the deal. Was after a 130 estate really, but getting the same engine as I am used to is nice, since I know what I'm getting, how it should behave, etc.

Mine doesn't do the sunroof!!!! :eek:

The Octy PD130 is an excellent combination if you do long motorway drives mainly due to the 6 speed box :thumbup:

From what I read, the sunroof should shut, but not open(?)

Don't do that many motorway miles (commute is about 30 miles each way).

Economy on the A3 was/is pretty good, low to mid 30's (mpg).

The Octavia should be the same, maybe a bit less.

I'll try and keep to high-octane high-detergent fuels (BP Ultimate, Shell Optimax) as I believe it makes a difference to all cars, not just higher-performance engines. We recently started using Optimax in my wife's 1.6 auto and it made a huge difference to economy after only 1 tankfull, probably because the better detergents cleaned crap out and made it run better on short journeys. Anyway, that's all a different topic.

I'm looking forward to picking the Skoda up. I will get some badge-abuse from friends and colleagues, but I know the kit under the badge is the same as I had before, so I'm happy with that. This car is costing 2000 less than I paid for the A3 about 4 years ago, but the A3 had 30,000 more miles on it. For the spec, the build and the performance, it's a bargain.

One more question: I think it has cruise control, since I saw a "SET" button on the end of the left-hand wiper stalk. I didn't say anything about it as the sales spec didn't mention it... am I right? Is this cruise?

One more question: I think it has cruise control' date=' since I saw a "SET" button on the end of the left-hand wiper stalk. I didn't say anything about it as the sales spec didn't mention it... am I right? Is this cruise?[/quote']

Yes

One more question: I think it has cruise control, since I saw a "SET" button on the end of the left-hand wiper stalk. I didn't say anything about it as the sales spec didn't mention it... am I right? Is this cruise?

I would have thought so yes.

Don't worry about the badge on the nose mate, I got loads of stick from all parties when I got mine, it's a better car than most at a bargain price, take them for a spin and they will soon shut up.

My neighbour gave me some abuse when it turned up but he does have bragging rights in an N-reg Laguna does he not???

Laguna. Yikes. Most French stuff is good for a few years, then it all goes wrong at once. Quick engines, but they dent more easily than play-dough and just depreciate horribly fast.

I used to drive Citroens: BX diesel, BX turbo diesel hurricane (nice car, great ride, lovely seats, wallowed a lot on corners, but great brakes, loads of room, and pretty quick), and a Xsara 1.8 16v (also quick, but too light, to skittish on corners and too easy to wheelspin). All of them were sold because they reached the end of their enjoyable life after a few years, or were sold before they would cost me money to dispose of them. Very good cars for the time, but you drove them thinking "I hope nothing goes wrong". To move to an Audi and be able to turn the key with no worries was a world apart.

Laguna. Yeuch. When that shape came out, it was a large, quick car with a nice ride and quiet too, but now... when I hear one approach I usually mistake them for a knackered diesel Transit, only to find it's a petrol dark blue laguna with a death rattle and dull, faded paintwork.

I had a Y plate Xantia 1.8 16V for a while (no laughing at the back please!), my mate called it the plastic pig due to the presence of a plastic bonnet and tailgate.

It was ruddy quick though and had climate control and the suspension was something else, had loads of fun jacking it right up and going off road :rofl:

• 4 weeks later...
Mine doesn't do the sunroof!!!! :eek:

The Octy PD130 is an excellent combination if you do long motorway drives mainly due to the 6 speed box :thumbup:

The sunroof closes last on my Octy. Have you tried holding the key in the same position for a couple more seconds after all the windows have closed??

JD

• 2 months later...
Laguna. Yikes. Most French stuff is good for a few years, then it all goes wrong at once. Quick engines, but they dent more easily than play-dough and just depreciate horribly fast.

Yes, yes and yes. It was a Laguna I recently traded in for an Octy vRS. I got just as much stick over the French Renault badge that than the Skoda badge anyway.