Bigger non-Skoda mud flaps

Llanigraham

I didn't have the Skoda flaps fitted either but the dimensions of these (fronts) are roughly 44cm high and 27cm wide.  As has been stated previously, the clearance of these (fronts) is 10cm, so if you have the OEMs all you have to do is measure their clearance and see whether it's more or less than 10cm.

And they stick out 3cm from the widest part of the black plastic bumper beneath the wing (see white line on pic)....

I didn't have the Skoda flaps fitted either but the dimensions of these (fronts) are roughly 44cm high and 27cm wide.  As has been stated previously, the clearance of these (fronts) is 10cm, so if you have the OEMs all you have to do is measure their clearance and see whether it's more or less than 10cm.

And they stick out 3cm from the widest part of the black plastic bumper beneath the wing (see white line on pic)....

Perfect! I can go and check against that.  Thank you.

• Like 1

FL rears now fitted.  Pictures attached.  Couldn't get the middle screw in on either side (even with the wheels off).  The middle screw hole goes through a raised edge in the flap which makes it a bit difficult to line it up squarely with the hole in the arch.  Having said that it seems ok with just the top and bottom screws at the moment.  They sit a lot higher up than the fronts - which I guess is normal - clearance to ground is 24cm.

post-96575-0-04362400-1400158237_thumb.jpgpost-96575-0-43108900-1400158253_thumb.jpgpost-96575-0-38197600-1400158258_thumb.jpgpost-96575-0-21465300-1400158264_thumb.jpgpost-96575-0-75573800-1400158270_thumb.jpg

FL rears now fitted.  Pictures attached.  Couldn't get the middle screw in on either side (even with the wheels off).  The middle screw hole goes through a raised edge in the flap which makes it a bit difficult to line it up squarely with the hole in the arch.  Having said that it seems ok with just the top and bottom screws at the moment.  They sit a lot higher up than the fronts - which I guess is normal - clearance to ground is 24cm.

You can however see on the last photo why you need the middle screws...  the flap now does not follow the line of the arch and goes in a straight line between the top and bottom screws...

I guess it wouldn't hurt to glue it with some black silastic after loosening the screws so that there is no pulling tension.

You'd have to prop it til it sets though to ensure it follows the arch curve.

FL rears now fully fitted. smiley1.gif  Ukcarmats sent a couple of longer screws (Phillips head instead of Torx 25) about 2mm longer but with a washer at the base.  Left side took a minute or two but right took aaaaaaaaaaaaaaages.  I loosened off the top and bottom screws a bit but the bodywork kinda flexes so it didn't quite line up without a bit of pushing and prodding.
All in all the flaps are pretty sturdy so I might even invest in a set for SWMBO's Citroen for her birthday (following the success of the all-season tyres I got her for Valentine's smiley27.gif).  Pics attached.post-96575-0-29813400-1400608781_thumb.jpgpost-96575-0-44676900-1400608794_thumb.jpg
  • Like 1

Fitted the front to my pre-FL a few days ago - was really simple, literally less than 5 mins each side.

Instructions say to remove front wheels, but on full lock there's enough room.

Existing 3 torx screws are T25 size; one of these gets discarded and replaced with one that looks hardly any longer supplied with the flaps, but which is a philips head screw.

Haven't done the backs yet....

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I bought a set of these muflaps for my Yeti Outdoor from Uk Carmats, there is no way the front ones will fit without performing surgery with a stanley knife, also the supplied screws are not long enough for the rear flaps, has anyone else had a problem fitting these mudflaps.

I bought a set of these muflaps for my Yeti Outdoor from Uk Carmats, there is no way the front ones will fit without performing surgery with a stanley knife, also the supplied screws are not long enough for the rear flaps, has anyone else had a problem fitting these mudflaps.

Front ones fitted fine on my 2011 pre-FL, just a few mins to do each side. Not fitted the rears yet. What did you need to cut ?