Hi

I am a Briskoda (indeed Skoda full stop) newbie and am eagerly awaiting delivery of my Superb 140tdi Elegance 4x4 hatch (or is that twindoor in Skoda speak? lol).

'Twas ordered mid-Feb and build date was w/c 7th April. It has been 'awaiting shipping' for 3 weeks now according to the leasing company.

Is this normal?

The lease company did say VAG Group are currently the worst for deliveries on new cars but 3 months seem a long time since the vehicle itself was probably built in a day (unlike Rome).

Anyone on the inside give me an insight?

Thanks

3 months is a pretty standard delivery time whichever brand you purchase I think, if it is built from scratch. If you're lucky a dealer can amend the spec of a car already in the system, which means that you only wait, say, 6 weeks for your car, but that car has still been 'in the system' for around 3 months.

Enjoy the wait though, you'll definitely enjoy the car!

Cheers guys.

I nearly got one 3 years ago but got the Audi instead. I was a bit wary of having a Skoda badge but now I reckon they're the thinking man's Audi.

A6 space for (basic) A4 money! And the flexibility of a hatch too. Acres of space in the back, the little 'un will never kick the back of my seat again!

Oh no, I can't wait. Come on my Superb black limo you!

• Like 1

10 to 12 weeks is pretty standard now and more if extras ordered.  Some massive lead times quoted for other models e.g. vRS Octavia can be around six months I believe!