Montes first M.O.T

Just taken my Monte for its first M.O.T , passed no probs, but on the Advisory Items page they have written.

001 Under-trays fitted obscuring some underside components.

002 Engine covers fitted obscuring some components in engine bay.

Does this mean that there is nothing under the covers that need inspecting and that they will not be removed  for future test or is the first test more lenient than future ones. Cant see testers being happy to remove and refit any covers for the £39 M.O.T fee.

They legally arent allowed to remove anything from the car for an mot.

For example. If you leave a baby seat in, theyll give your seatbelt for that seat an advisory, as it cant be tested

What engine covers have you got fitted? Just the standard skoda stuff?

I cant see how they can give an advisory on that? Maybe someone will be able to enlightened us on that :).

It is not an 'Advisory',  it is a 'Note'.

A MOT Tester covering their self by saying they never managed to look.

Yeti's with Offroad Protection and the likes have more panels that will not be getting checked behind.

Plenty Fabias have some panels near the sills, gathering dirt and mud etc,  that other do not have,

Didn't know that , I thought all parts that needed to be checked should be , so I take that there are no parts hidden behind covers that could wear and become dangerous.

If you have child seats fitted you often get a similar note about checking the rear seltbelt.

My 4x4 Octavia has a proper full size sump guard and plastic panels covering almost the entire underside of the car so I get those notes too.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk