DAB on a shoestring

If like me your unfortunate Enough not to have a DAB headset in your car, then this little beauty could be right up your street. It plays through the AUX jack in the car, and has some pretty good reviews on the Argos website, I've reserved one for pickup tomorrow. Hope this helps someone out.

http://www.argos.co.uk/m/static/Product/partNumber/9153219.htm?storeId=10151&referredURL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.argos.co.uk%2Fstatic%2FProduct%2FpartNumber%2F9153219.htm%3F&referrer=COJUN&_%24ja=tsid%3A11674%7Cprd%3A1546795&cmpid=COJUN&catalogId=10001

One of the reviews from 2013 should have you worried.

Had to return this product as I wanted something light & portable for a cheap way to get digital radio in the car! But it needed headphone plugged in to act as aerial.

One of the reviews from 2013 should have you worried.

lol why would I be worried? If it doesn't work as expected, I'll return it and get my 18 quid back. At this price there's no risk whatsoever in giving it a try, but each to there own.

The length of cable you need that must be vertical to get a signal will be the biggest issue, you'll need quiet a long 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable.

I use something similar for the cricket on 5L sports extra. Its generally ok but as mannyo suggests it can be a bit in and out regarding reception in an area that's generally good for DAB. I hadn't realised it might be improved by a more vertical jack cable so thanks for that tip.

Just picked it up, plugged it in (used with a 1 meter jack cable) and it picked up 27 stations £18 well spent. I ran the cable out of the centre armrest pocket, down the side of the driver's seat and placed the unit just in front of the driver's seat rails.

Just picked it up, plugged it in (used with a 1 meter jack cable) and it picked up 27 stations £18 well spent. I ran the cable out of the centre armrest pocket, down the side of the driver's seat and placed the unit just in front of the driver's seat rails.

I saw this on hotukdeals and picked one up today - but no joy in my Octavia - might be the 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable so will try another one - but even with the supplied headphones/aerial it still didn't work well (DAB on dash with headphone cable dangling to my ears), but suspect signal in my area/journey home (7 miles - Derbyshire) from Argos can't be good!

Works fine at home with headphones/aerial though.

I have just purchased a Pro Audio 3.5mm jack lead 2m long from Maplin pt. no. N87KR £19.99 and the back of the packaging shows that it is unscreened. Works as well as the original headphone lead.