A Bargain ?

Fabia Monte Carlo Estate 1.6tdi with Satnav registered 2013 with 63 miles on the clock £11495

So whats the problem ???

Its red and I cannot make my mind up !!!!!!!!

Any thoughts

Make sure you have an extended road test. Try and get it for a couple of hours. Drive the routes you normally drive and check it out well.

Most important  Check it doesn't Pull to the Left.........

The 1.6 D is a fantastic little car, loads of torque and around 60 mpg. 59.7 mpg Devon-London-North Yorkshire-Bristol-Devon. In one week almost 900 miles covered. And I don't hang around.

Red... Someone has got to buy it. :blush:

All the best, let us know how you get on.

Edited by Carlo diesel

LOL,  

Current Skoda Techs often say,

"They all do that!',  

but an Ex Skoda Techs says,

'Why pull to the left its brand new?'

They shouldn't, but quite a few are Pulling to the left straight from the Factory & The Dealership PDI.

Why pull to the left its brand new?

Some Montes have suffered from a pulling to the left, mine being one of them, Skoda changed all 4 x tyres which has improved it.

Don't let it put you off, it's a lot of car for the money, I would've had a Monte estate if they had've been out when I got mine.

No problem at all with that price. My tech (before the increase back to list price at 15k) set me back 10980. Which was a bloody good deal. Sounds like yours has a similar spec (I mean really, the only special thing about the Techs is the Satnav, Bluetooth and Maxidot integration).

Probably priced low as it  is a pre-reg, albeit lightly used, demo.

Doooooo it :D

• Like 1

You've missed out on a good car there, the pulling has been blown out of proportion IMO.

Mine did it then it went back, got new tyres and alignment, cured it, job done.

Mine,on the Dunlops,exhibits no significant pulling to the left whatsoever. I wouldn't have dismissed the car based on reports which, IMHO ,are overblown.

• Like 1

Tis a bargain mate. I'll you what happened with me when I got my fab. I found a red vrs estate. Had quite a few decent extra's too. I was in the same predicament as you. I just wasn't sure on the colour...I went to look at it 4 times haha. In the end I bought a black one with less extras and cost more than the red one, but I fell in love with this colour and knew I was 100% happy with it.

I don't dislike them in red and I think they look pretty good in red with black pack and black wheels. I was just worried that if I went with a colour I wasn't sure on then I'd have regretted it and I plan to keep my car for 5 years+

Mine also pulls to the left...it has budget tyres on which probably doesn't help. They were new, put on by dealers when I got the car. I just can't afford to get new ones yet, plus these ones have only for 1.5k miles on them.

I got it from a none skoda dealers and they did an alignment but didn't really work. Like a few of the other guys have said. I'm waiting for new decent tyres as this has worked for other people :-)

The budget tyres should not cause a Pulling to the left type problem.  

I would assume they are the Correct Load/Speed rating for the car.

?What tyres are they?

I would not call Pirelli Zero Nero decent or even recommend them,

I did have them on for a while there and reconed they were behaving OK,

a year ago when using them, they stayed on a couple of days,

but i thought they were worth a try again after damaging some tyre sidewalls this year.

But they are really too hard a sidewall at the correct pressure and was giving the car a horrible ride and near shaking it to bits.

Made the steering so light, that it needed adjusted to less assistance.

The Dunlops are a treat in comparison and are back on the car for the warm weather thats coming.

(Steering assistance back to factory setting now with the Sport Maxx Tyres on.)

• Like 1

Shame you cancelled the order. Imagine all the good ones against the few bad that of course are highlighted in a forum. Probably not even a fifth of all Fabia MC owners are on this forum.

I'd try and convince you to go back because it's a cracking deal. Like I said, Techs with that spec are at 15k. But it'll be gone again already. :)

• Like 1

it was not just the pulling.

lets just say I felt very rushed by the dealer, considering I had not seen the car or had the opportunity to drive it and that the figures were adjusted to suit themselves a little to much I thought nope I don't want the hassle.

Buying a car is supposed to be enjoyable, We got one recently from Simpsons and it was a pleasure and hassle free

Still that's the way the cookie crumbles

The budget tyres should not cause a Pulling to the left type problem.

I would assume they are the Correct Load/Speed rating for the car.

?What tyres are they?

I would not call Pirelli Zero Nero decent or even recommend them,

I did have them on for a while there and reconed they were behaving OK,

a year ago when using them, they stayed on a couple of days,

but i thought they were worth a try again after damaging some tyre sidewalls this year.

But they are really too hard a sidewall at the correct pressure and was giving the car a horrible ride and near shaking it to bits.

Made the steering so light, that it needed adjusted to less assistance.

The Dunlops are a treat in comparison and are back on the car for the warm weather thats coming.

(Steering assistance back to factory setting now with the Sport Maxx Tyres on.)

Hi mate sorry for the late reply. The tyres are all Evergreen's. 205/40ZR17 84W Extra load. They're pants I'm guessing? Haha