Fabia vRS SE - STOLEN IN NORTHAMPTONSHIRE - Reg: BD07 VWR

Hi all

Well i've had the worst day ever!!

Had my house burgled into today, basically they've taken all electrical appliances they could find!

Along with that they managed to find my spare set of keys tucked away in the kitchen cabinet.

They've somehow found out where I work, driven there and taken my car!!! 

Reg is BD07 VWR, so if anyone sees it around Northants / leicestershire please let me know

Thanks all!

Sorry to say it - and it may seem obvious - but keep eyes out for parts on ebay - those numbered seats should be a good indicator and they probably won't twig they're unique.

This is where ANPR comes into a world of it's own.

Fingers crossed it's pinged a few cameras by now.

Usual MO for these types of jobs is down south and across the water unfortunately. Hopefully they won't get that far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi I'm in Northants so will look out for it on my travels (not in my Fabia - my rad's bust!) keeping an eye out for your car (hope they haven't gone far as suggested).

We don't see many SE's around here to be honest so it should stick out like a sore thumb if its around here anywhere.

I may not be able to take pics whilst driving if I do ( as I'll likely be on my own, or possibly on my bike as I'm currently having to use the wifes car), but promise that if I do see it I will follow it til it stops and then should get a chance to suss whos driving/take pics/ call police etc....

• Like 2

Horrible thing is it was around 5 hours between them stealing it (viewed on CCTV) and me finding out it had gone and reporting it.

First I get a phone call from my Dad telling me the house has been ransacked, ran to the car to come home to find out its missing from the car park. Beyond gut wrenching I have to say :(

Horrible thing is it was around 5 hours between them stealing it (viewed on CCTV) and me finding out it had gone and reporting it.

First I get a phone call from my Dad telling me the house has been ransacked, ran to the car to come home to find out its missing from the car park. Beyond gut wrenching I have to say :(

Gutting! Was the CCTV high enough quality for the policy to get an ID?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Toxicvrs

That is another thing that people don't think of, they now keep there car keys safe but the spares are always sitting in some bed side cupboard along with the documents.

I hope you get it back. Being an SE, it shouldn't be difficult to keep an eye out for parts if it's broken.

Thanks again everyone! Just found out they've pinched all my pay slips, so I'm guessing that's where they've found out my workplace from...

This is the car they were in anyway, a pretty new Ford Focus. A little blurry but the reg appears to be along the lines of T14 MAW (although putting that plate into an insurance comparison site brings up an older mondeo, so there's potential they're running it in false plates)

20140509_173045_zpsnrdmrxui.jpg

Thanks again everyone! Just found out they've pinched all my pay slips, so I'm guessing that's where they've found out my workplace from...

This is the car they were in anyway, a pretty new Ford Focus. A little blurry but the reg appears to be along the lines of T14 MAW (although putting that plate into an insurance comparison site brings up an older mondeo, so there's potential they're running it in false plates)

20140509_173045_zpsnrdmrxui.jpg

I know some people on here are great with Photoshop maybe drop it into that section asking if they can remove the noise so it can be clearly seen

But after a quick check that plate isn't registered sorry! I've put a photoshop request in for you so hopefully that will bring back a clearer result!

Edited by Toxicvrs

Thanks for that Toxic!

Just had a phone call from a friend of a friend working in the Northants area who painted a pretty good picture of the car. Roof bars, lowered etc...

Said he saw it on the back of a recovery vehicle heading towards the M1 on the A45 a couple of hours after it was stolen; smashed windscreen and no plates on it... :(

Not a definite, but SE's do stand out, especially round this neck of the woods

Thanks for that Toxic!

Just had a phone call from a friend of a friend working in the Northants area who painted a pretty good picture of the car. Roof bars, lowered etc...

Said he saw it on the back of a recovery vehicle heading towards the M1 on the A45 a couple of hours after it was stolen; smashed windscreen and no plates on it... :(

Gutting mate don't suppose there was any chance of the friend of a friend having a dashcam or catching a number plate or livery was there?

Ohh :( if they've put the windscreen through doesn't sound like it will be resold but this obviously isn't opportunists as this seems to be a fairly pro setup with the car on what looks to be false plates (after more editing I think it was MAW) then the truck to pick it up!