Heater matrix bracket?

It looks like there is alot of swarf around the o-rings, are you sure they are clean?

and have you checked the mating half in the bulk head?

It sounds like the two halves of the joint are simply not mating properly, if the O rings are pushed fully into their sockets they simply cannot leak so they're obviously not getting pushed all the way in, clean everything thoroughly and use vaseline to lubricate both halves of the joint so they mate properly then bolt it in place.

Looks like a bit more brut force, a very naughty word and a bottle squeaky fart managed to get the sodding pipe slotted.

Now to run it for a while and monitor the water like I did my son when he first slept at home!

• 1 month later...

Just seen his thread, I'm suffering like mad to get these pipes to sit properly and seal. I think my bracket might be mullered though.

I'm gonna have to watch this thread as I need to do this soon.  I've been running water without antifreeze/coolant for the past 4 months and someone pointed out to me the other day I might get limescale build up  :|

Thought I had got mine sorted but just been for a test drive and it's leaked all the coolant out again...

How tight do you have to actually do the bracket up that holds the pipes in? I thought I had done mine tight but maybe not. Either that or the pipes weren't as well sat as I thought they were.

sent from my Galaxy Note 3

I'm gonna have to watch this thread as I need to do this soon.  I've been running water without antifreeze/coolant for the past 4 months and someone pointed out to me the other day I might get limescale build up  :|

Drop it out and just buy a bottle of G12/13 coolant (can't remember which) and your sorted as the coolant is a lifetime item so should never need to be replaced. 

Thought I had got mine sorted but just been for a test drive and it's leaked all the coolant out again...

How tight do you have to actually do the bracket up that holds the pipes in? I thought I had done mine tight but maybe not. Either that or the pipes weren't as well sat as I thought they were.

sent from my Galaxy Note 3

Just pinch the bolt up, it doesn't seal the pipes, it just stops the sealed joints coming apart, over tightening it will just distort the bracket.