My Fabia vRS HAS BEEN FOUND! :D

Yes, most likely Toxic!

Unfortunately they haven't caught them yet. The number plate (T14...) that was on the white Focus did get pinged on ANPR cameras both last night and this morning near to Northampton, but unfortunately the Police didn't get round to doing their job over the weekend and didn't 'mark' the vehicle as being involved with a crime... If they had it would have flagged up and interceptors would have been called in straight away.

Fingers crossed they haven't removed those plates off that car yet and it'll ping again, but I haven't heard anything from the police yet... :/ highly frustrating!

Can't have a party just yet! Still got to get back the £8000 worth of equipment they stole from the house first ;)

The guy that rang me has asked to remain anonymous as he lives in that area. Understandable really, it's pretty rough!

I will be meeting him though to thank him face to face and give him some form of reward :)

• Like 1

Haha! Sorry for the delayed reply everyone. Been with the police for the majority of today sorting out further statements and evidence etc etc.

Well basically I received a phone call this morning from somebody who lived around the St James Northampton area saying that he had seen a blue Fabia arrive in this particular hidden away car park late Friday evening. He had also seen them removing some roof bars which he thought was a bit odd for somebody to do on a Friday evening but thought nothing of it.

There are also a couple of shops in this particular part of St James, and when the owner came to open up his on Saturday morning, he noticed some roof bars stuffed into a hedge outside the front of the store. He initially thought that were off his car, but after checking realised they weren't, but took them into his shop anyway as it seemed a little odd.

It wasn't until yesterday evening that the guy who rang me this morning actually saw my shared Facebook post. He also knew the guy in the shop and they must have spoken about it together. Then the penny must have dropped.

He rang the country park where I work at and gave my colleague his number. My colleague contacted me and I gave him a call.

He described what he had seen and both me and my dad jumped into the car and immediately headed over there whilst I was on to the phone to the police.

We arrived, and there it was!! We sat opposite the car park so as to be in full view of it if the suspects left. Police arrived 5 mins later followed by the recovery truck to take it to forensics :)

Great news!!

Glad to hear

JRJG

Damage wise though, just a little pull mark left on the leather on the back seats where the brackets to my roof rack were chucked in; other than that, nothing!

Brilliant :)

Hope the low-life scum get what they deserve.

• Like 1

Great result. The car will have been left to allow the heat to die down from the police and then if it's still there after a short while, they will have used it in their next job.

However, let's hope one of the ******s sneezed on your dash so the forensics can catch them.

Great result. The car will have been left to allow the heat to die down from the police and then if it's still there after a short while, they will have used it in their next job.

However, let's hope one of the ******s sneezed on your dash so the forensics can catch them.

Totally agree! Great little getaway car, quick, nimble, but should have got a black red or silver one as they're not so obvious!!

The guy that rang me has asked to remain anonymous as he lives in that area. Understandable really, it's pretty rough!

I will be meeting him though to thank him face to face and give him some form of reward :)

Cake? Just to keep Mr Ree happy ;) Edited by Toxicvrs
  • Like 1

find the scrats that stole your car and im sure you have a good half a Forum bind you for digs!    brake each one of there scraggy little fingers off one by one!

glad ya cars back mate... just typical of old bill if you ask me,.

Edited by GeeMan-vRS244
  • Like 3

Thanks again everyone! :)

Just an update.... The ANPR cameras were pinged late last night on Mill Lane in Northampton (The White Focus again). Interceptors were scrambled and car was initially pulled over, but as the officers got out of their cars they sped off again.

A pursuit was carried out around the 'Kings Heath Estate' but the suspect eventually ditched the car and ran. Dogs gave chase, but the suspect managed to run over the back of some fields causing the dogs to loose scent.... :(

SO CLOSE!!!

Thanks again everyone! :)

Just an update.... The ANPR cameras were pinged late last night on Mill Lane in Northampton (The White Focus again). Interceptors were scrambled and car was initially pulled over, but as the officers got out of their cars they sped off again.

A pursuit was carried out around the 'Kings Heath Estate' but the suspect eventually ditched the car and ran. Dogs gave chase, but the suspect managed to run over the back of some fields causing the dogs to loose scent.... :(

SO CLOSE!!!

This is an awesome thread to read, Im glad you found the car, also there is kind of a silver lining, They have ditched the Focus, The Police will hopefully have said Focus and be able to do something with that, whether gain evidence link the car to an address,

• Like 1

This is an awesome thread to read, Im glad you found the car, also there is kind of a silver lining, They have ditched the Focus, The Police will hopefully have said Focus and be able to do something with that, whether gain evidence link the car to an address,

It might have been stolen from some other poor ******. So hopefully they might get their car back too

• Like 1

Pity that plod resources are being stretched - if they had the same amount of money as in previous years, they'd have got the scumbags that did this by now.

Forensics was carried out this afternoon on the Focus, and some nice fresh prints were obtained from both inside the car aswell as behind the number plates when they had put them on how ever long ago.

The suspect had also left a drinks bottle in there which had been used, so DNA was taken from the neck of that.

Unfortunately though results from those won't be produced for another couple of weeks.

They did however find a couple of commemorative coins and ipad case that belonged to myself, so it certainly links them to the burglary :)

The Focus was stolen and belonged to somebody near Milton Keynes, so someone else will be getting a phone call to say their car has been found also :)

Treated mine however to some 256mm rear brakes (found some cheap on Ebay last week before the car was stolen ;) ) so this evening has been spent trying to get rid of the green powder coat that was currently on them and prepping them for some Hammerite smooth red!

Has anyone got any tips by the way to remove the old powder coat green from the Octavia calipers, as it's proving to be right pig haha?! Or is it just a case of clean it, sand it, and paint over?

Cheers

Forensics was carried out this afternoon on the Focus, and some nice fresh prints were obtained from both inside the car aswell as behind the number plates when they had put them on how ever long ago.

The suspect had also left a drinks bottle in there which had been used, so DNA was taken from the neck of that.

Unfortunately though results from those won't be produced for another couple of weeks.

They did however find a couple of commemorative coins and ipad case that belonged to myself, so it certainly links them to the burglary :)

The Focus was stolen and belonged to somebody near Milton Keynes, so someone else will be getting a phone call to say their car has been found also :)

Treated mine however to some 256mm rear brakes (found some cheap on Ebay last week before the car was stolen ;) ) so this evening has been spent trying to get rid of the green powder coat that was currently on them and prepping them for some Hammerite smooth red!

Has anyone got any tips by the way to remove the old powder coat green from the Octavia calipers, as it's proving to be right pig haha?! Or is it just a case of clean it, sand it, and paint over?

Cheers

No progress on your goods then! I guess they'd be able to sell iPads and tech pretty easily tbf. No I.D. Papers taken?