My Fabia vRS HAS BEEN FOUND! :D

Congrats on getting your car back, I know how it feels my girlfriend had her highly modded classic mini stolen recently and unfortunately it was joy ridden then torched.

This seems to be a common thing recently with breaking into houses and using their own cars as a get away vehicle to load up the stuff, it was happening alot around me last year.

They did my sisters house but the only car on her drive was my old fiesta that didnt have a battery, because it didnt start they left alot of the big stuff they tried to pinch on the drive, and they must have tried to jump the car as they pushed it down the roas and left it lol.

We know someone caught them trying to leave his house and he tackled them and they had his car keys, but they were released for lack of evidence. So maybe they moved down your end.

If ever there's a time for cake it's now haha! :D

Had another phone call today from the PC that they had taken another 2 people into custody that had close connections with the first suspect.

Unfortunately though they were released on bail as there was no clear evidence or indication that they were involved with any of the burglaries or thefts within these last few weeks.

The initial suspect however has been recalled to prison so is currently spending the next 28 days behind bars, during that time of which the police are trying now to get together as much evidence and forensics from all the burglaries he's been involved with to put before the parole board next month! Fingers crossed this will bring the 2 if not more suspects back into the case so they too can be dealt with! :)

• Like 2

Yep, they spent many hours covering everything in silver dust! Still finding odd patches in places even now haha!

The only thing they found was a fresh hand print on a DVD case, but haven't heard anything back to say it was linked to the suspects so I'm assuming it belongs to a member of my family

If you get the chance to appear in court and give evidence, do it.

I once caught someone in my house and let's just say when the police arrived he was bleeding heavily.

He was arrested and I went to give evidence. I really laid it on about how it had affected me and the family and he got 3 years!! :)

• Like 2

Don't currently have a spare at the moment. It's still on order with Ali at Unit 18. Key fobs apparently have to be ordered direct from Germany.

That said my car is currently parked behind Centinal posts at work just in case one of them returns! :)

Don't worry Adam, I definitely will do if it comes to it. Quite a lot of memories and personal things were taken stolen, including recent photos and memorabilia from a recent trip to Africa to celebrate my younger brothers end of Leukemia treatment, so if the jury and judge have a heart amongst them I'm hoping they get sent down!

Yep, they stole my spare keys from the burglary, found my pay slips with my work address on it, travelled there and took the car

• Like 2

key fobs definitely don't have to be ordered direct from Germany! I have dozens of them in my van & it takes me about 15mins tops to cut & program it to the car

I'm having the replacements done through Ali at Unit 18, so I can't imagine he has to change locks and keys on a very regular basis hence him having to order them. TPS also don't seem to carry stock on locks/keys either as Ali uses them also.

Both my parents cars went to VW in Northants and they had to wait 2 weeks for their locks and keys to be in as they also had to be ordered, so it almost seems quite a common thing to have to wait when using dealers.

I was actually at Unit 18 yesterday having a CV Boot replaced and the keys/lock kit arrived whilst I was there. The kit doesn't actually come with complete fobs, just the upper part with the swivel key which surprised me a little!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Hi all! Have to say I'm pretty surprised to see this thread here after so long, but considering so many people were helpful enough to help look out for my car when it was stolen, and the fact people were asking questions regarding the sentence I thought I've give you all a final update! :)

It's pretty much been a year now since my car was stolen, and finally this Wednesday gone was the sentencing of the main guy involved.

Both myself and my Dad decided to attend at Crown purely because we wanted to put a face to the person that caused us all so much frustration and upset from all of the things that were taken.

He pled guilty to 11 accounts of burglary, along with numerous accounts of fraud and vehicle thefts, bringing the total number of convictions to 21 (all within a 5 month period).

As a result, and the fact that he was prolific, the judge sentenced him to 9 years! :D

The most ironic part of it all however is we found out that his Mrs used to be a probation officer!

http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/news/crime/man-who-carried-out-11-burglaries-in-five-months-sentenced-to-nine-years-in-prison-1-6732025

Again, a big thanks to all of you guys that shared posts and kept there eyes peeled. Justice has been served! :)

• Like 1

Great news. If anyone reading is on Twitter, then follow They Stole My Wheels @TSMWAlerts and help spread the word for others who suffer their pride and joy being nicked :thumbup:

I follow similar on Facebook and usually share posts so my friends can see. :thumbup:

Wicked! How did they steal it??

That was all on this thread: http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/315056-fabia-vrs-se-stolen-in-northamptonshire-reg-bd07-vwr/

In short though, the guy burgled my house; stolen my spare set of keys along with lots of other electrical items; located my pay slips of which contained my works address; proceeded to then drive to my place of work and take the car from the car park!