Guide to fit amp/sub in boot VRS

Has anyone got any guides or instructions on how to wire in an amp/sub in the boot? Where should I route the cables and the degrees of difficulties involved? Any help would be greatly appriciated. ( I know I spelt that wrong )

Depends how extreme you want to get really! I would say front seats and back seats out. Its a 20 min job and it gives you soooo much space!

The power cable (make sure to get a heavy grade, I am running with a 0 grade cable) I have it coming off the battery, up the trunking and down through the back of the dash. It's the easiest option. Just make to reseal the gromet you ave to go through and a little bot of resealable sealant on the pollen filter box, Trust me on this!

I then ran the power cable down the left hand passengers side to the boot well.

The speaker and phono cables went to the right and under the steering column to the boot. Doing this keeps the interference down. My sub and amp fitted in the boot well nicely. I built a box that fitted perfectly and I used the spare wheel bolt to hold it all in place. I also dynamatted the boot (I would suggest this, also I have some going cheap ;) ).

Other than that, there's not much more to it.

• Like 1

I have the power lead going through the wing and into the car through a grommet in the part where the door closes,  doesn't pinch or anything.  Tbh I got p1sssd off trying to get it through the pollen filter area from under the dash. 

I've got a pair of 10" Rockford fosgate punch subs and a kenwood 600w amp all in large removable ported box. I've run the power cable from battery down the passenger side and the rca lead down the centre. Wouldn't say seats need to come out but it would give better access. One thing I have done is fitted a plug to disconnect it easily when I need the whole boot.

nx12kz.jpg

ddm2j8.jpg

I have an estate and wanted to keep the backseats free so i glued a piece of 10 mm plywood behind the rear arch carpet and mounted the amp on that . I also took the seats out when running my cables. It makes it a lot easier.

IMG_0446.jpg