octy III build video

Very good & very interesting - a bit more refined than the old British Leyland line of the 60's ! :giggle:

As an aside, when I collected mine late last year, I was given, as a memento, the actual computer generated specification sheet that was used in the making of my car ( a mass of numbers), which ensured the options I'd ordered were completed - a nice touch I thought.

JKW

Interesting in that one of the bodyshells had A and B posts in a different colour (shown during welding assembly) to the rest of the body shell.  Does this denote different grades/types of material used for the main structural parts?

Gives you a real insight into what it takes to turn that signature on the paper to the engineered machine you leave with.

It would have been nice to follow a single car from start to finish (obviously timelapsed).. And highlight the common components from the specifics for a certain model.

Looks awesome though - nice clean work areas, high tech tests and assembly.

Nice find, interesting vid though would have liked to see longer more detailed like the mkII one :)

You can see the vents on the side rear behind the bumper.

For pressure relief ? was it the circled bits ?

gallery_87477_1366_78910.jpg

gallery_87477_1366_83792.jpg

Nice find, interesting vid though would have liked to see longer more detailed like the mkII one :)

For pressure relief ? was it the circled bits ?

gallery_87477_1366_78910.jpg

gallery_87477_1366_83792.jpg

Interesting...could be the cause for the booming noise some(myself included) are experiencing. I would though think that would be the first place the dealers should check.... 

Great Video - Interesting to see a red car getting sprayed alongside a white car !!

I did wonder that myself, surely some of the other colour may land on it? Although thats only really the chassis getting sprayed, if you saw later one of the chassis that was black was actually having a brown bumper fitted. So I guess the chassis is just sprayed the closest colour?

I noticed the last bit of the video shows a lot of white Skoda's. Definetly the most popular colour choice at the moment. Spotted just 2 that were green.

I noticed the last bit of the video shows a lot of white Skoda's. Definetly the most popular colour choice at the moment.

White is the new* black.  It's been that way for several years now... partly, I suspect, due to the fact that white is usually free.

Great Video - Interesting to see a red car getting sprayed alongside a white car !!

I figured that was the cars getting the lacquer top layer, not their coloured layer.

Interesting in that one of the bodyshells had A and B posts in a different colour (shown during welding assembly) to the rest of the body shell.  Does this denote different grades/types of material used for the main structural parts?

I'll have a look at the video later, but a lot of cars these days, they use a Boron high strength steel surrounding the passenger cell (usually A and B pillars, sometimes sills and roof stiffeners).  Lighter and stronger than "normal" steel, so lowers weight yet improves crash test results.  Downside is it's a sod to weld and expensive!

Paint shops can change colour between cars, so painting red/white/blue/black/silver in succession isn't a problem.

Air vents circled above are for the through ventilation - the flaps are designed to allow air out into a low pressure area, but not back in (so you don't get gassed by your cars exhaust fumes).

I did wonder that myself, surely some of the other colour may land on it? Although thats only really the chassis getting sprayed, if you saw later one of the chassis that was black was actually having a brown bumper fitted. So I guess the chassis is just sprayed the closest colour?

If it is anything like the VW plant in Germany then in between each car going through the paint shop is an air curtain to stop the spray from staying in the air and hitting other cars in the line. The gap between the cars is bigger than appears in this video also. Pretty cool really!

Edited by lawrelu