Columbus Versions?

Hi all,

I've tried to get my head around this by looking up various posts on here but i'm still not understanding everything about the different versions of this HU in the Superb II. I'm looking at elegance spec cars that are on 10, 60, 11 or 61 plates so with that in mind....

Am i right in thinking that cars with these plates could have different versions of the Columbus HU installed?

If so when did the changes take effect? Which year cars have which version of HU?

What are the actual differences between the different version HUs? What things do the newer versions do that the older ones dont etc...?

If i get a car with an older version HU installed can it be updated so as to match the abilities of the newer versions???

Hope that makes sense.... Although being on a 12 hour night shift when you've been up since 7:30am doesn't help!!! :S

Cheers

Dave.

Even older ones can be updated to fairly new software ao I shouldnt worry too much. See here for a history of part numbers:

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f78/rns510-part-numbers-69786.html.

I have one of the first of these on adequately new 4020 software, working happily.

Adam

• Like 1