Servicing costs - what did you pay?

phsroberts

Hi,

I'm trying to decide on whether to take the Skoda service plan with my citigo...I'm not 100% sure it offers value for money though....so what did you pay for 1st, 2nd, 3rd (if anyone's had one!) services and brake fluid change etc?

Thanks in advance

Zero for our first service as we got 3 years free servicing on the finance package. However, as the upfront interest charges cost us £260 (even though we paid it off after 3 months)  it was not much difference from paying for the service

£99 for a first service, well an oil change actually, cause that's all it is apart form a few ticks on a sheet and a cup of coffee.

Oh they did put too much air in the tyres, so I got a bit of a bonus there.

• 3 weeks later...

Just booked in for my first Citigo service and was quoted £129 (no "free" ones for me - I went for big discount instead!). When I mentioned the lower prices people on here had paid....."that's no problem, are you happy with £90?"  So, don't forget, a little bit of friendly pseudo-haggling can work wonders, because these prices are not set in stone.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't believe some of the prices you guys are getting charged. The main dealer in Jersey just charged me £200 for the first years service and that was down from £235 after I challenged them about the price a UK dealer would charge.

Unfortunately being on a small island limits choice and we didn't have any planned trips to the mainland.

:(

I can't believe some of the prices you guys are getting charged. The main dealer in Jersey just charged me £200 for the first years service and that was down from £235 after I challenged them about the price a UK dealer would charge.

Unfortunately being on a small island limits choice and we didn't have any planned trips to the mainland.

How can that be justified for 3.4l oil, oil filter, sump plug and screenwash and less than one hour labour?

Two words

Rip off!

It took all of 30 mins to do mine, took longer to hand the car back to me and do the paperwork etc.

...just to ask...is there even tax included in that Jersey bill? My £90 was made up...Parts (incl. fully-synthetic oil) £27.50, Labour £47.50, VAT £15.

Yes GST which is 5% was included, but I've got to agree it was and is a rip off but unfortunately not much choice if you want a Skoda stamp unless I take the car to the UK or France which I probably will do for the next service.

on the service plan, so nothing, was 40 minutes in the garage and another 10 of the engineer doing paperwork in the car park.

It was sunny here on Saturday though, so I had a coffee and sat out in the car park :sun: