Low spec level vrs? Value

Guys quick quick question.

I have been offered a 2006 tfsi estate.

It's got high miles at 130k and spec seems lower than my old ambiente.

No rear electric windows, no armrest, 17" alloys, etc

Is this spec level normal?

Car has full service history with belt done at least service and is on good condition with one owner from new.

What would you guys value it at?

Can't help with the value, but the early Mk2 VRS didn't have rear electric windows or the jumbo box armrest so it is probably the correct spec.

If you can get it for an attractive price bearing in mind it is 8 years old with above average mileage then it's worth considering, but there are plenty of Mk2s to choose from so no need to rush into a hasty decision.

Mine is an early MK2 vRS (early 2006) and had a vast majority of the options available to it - Jumbo Box, Maxidot, Xenons, Climate, Rear Electric Windows, Sat Nav and 18' Alloys - It really all depends how the first owner spec'ed it when they bought it!

I did hang out for the right one thou, I wanted one with at minimum Xenons and Climate and they were pretty few and far between in the price range I was looking... Then when mine came up I was blown away with the bits it had on it for an early model!

I bought mine in September 2012 for £4000 with 92k on the clock, near enough new tyres all round, cambelt just done and a full service history. Taking into account that was knocking on 2 years ago and the one you are looking I would be looking at paying £2-2.5k for it really....

I bought an 06 race blue estate with jumbo box,maxidot,climate,and rear electric windows and 18inch wheels 1 owner from new fsh 110k in mint condition for £3750 at the start of march the guy had a new one and was offerd £3000 trade in from the main dealer, i sold it 2 weeks ago for £4750 the fuel economy is poor high 20s around town on the tfsi this is why I sold it going to get a diesel again elegance or vrs with dpf delete 50mpg .     

I bought an 06 race blue estate with jumbo box,maxidot,climate,and rear electric windows and 18inch wheels 1 owner from new fsh 110k in mint condition for £3750 at the start of march the guy had a new one and was offerd £3000 trade in from the main dealer, i sold it 2 weeks ago for £4750 the fuel economy is poor high 20s around town on the tfsi this is why I sold it going to get a diesel again elegance or vrs with dpf delete 50mpg .     

I usually get around 26-28mpg round town depending on the length of the journey and around 35mpg on a run, compared to my last diesel (1.9 CDTi 150 Astra) which used to get around 37mpg around town and around 48mpg on a long run.

Take into account the amount of money I spent fixing diesel engine related issues (EGR, Inlet Manifold, Early Failing DMF, Injectors etc) and the difference in the cost of fuel (around 5p per litre) the TFSI has actually worked out to be a cheaper to run car! 

• Like 1

Not above £3k with the mileage.

Mine was only £6.3k, 4 years ago with 1 owner, history and brand new Goodyear's all round from a dealer. Was well specced to with 18's, jumbo, maxi, climate, etc.

Now with 123k miles on it I'd be lucky to get 3k for it. TBH its not worth me selling at that kind of price, nothing does the same for that kind of money.

Jumbo box, rear e/w, dual climate and 18" alloys were a free options pack when I got my 07 VRS. Pretty much every car after that got them even though they were never 'standard' features.

Before 07 it would have been up to the first owner to spec.

I usually get around 26-28mpg round town depending on the length of the journey and around 35mpg on a run, compared to my last diesel (1.9 CDTi 150 Astra) which used to get around 37mpg around town and around 48mpg on a long run.

Take into account the amount of money I spent fixing diesel engine related issues (EGR, Inlet Manifold, Early Failing DMF, Injectors etc) and the difference in the cost of fuel (around 5p per litre) the TFSI has actually worked out to be a cheaper to run car! 

Before the tfsi vrs I was running an audi a4 avant pd 130 I had it for over a year the only thing I did was fit a creation motorsport egr delete which was £50 on ebay and that was it no other problems at all the last owner had done a single mass conversion so that was all fine for me as for fuel super unleaded is the same price as diesel around here so yes tfsi gives 30mpg  350 miles of range if u drive like a granddad, the pd130 gives you 50+ mpg all day long and 700 miles of range its like chalk and cheese as far as economy is concerned, if you buy a problem car that's a different matter altogether.

I have a favorable 60mph commute but I can see 40mpg from my TFSI and regularly get 370 before I think about filling up. Trip is usually still showing 50-100 miles left at that point.

That IS driving like a nun most of the time on super.

But I have don longer runs at 75mph and seen a 37mpg trip average.

Brim to brim for me has indicated the compute is reasonably accurate for me.