new fabia 3 real pics

are the graphic on the options list?

I'd be tempted to spec them if the price was reasonable

I wouldn't want to be sat behind one with the graphics though, bit hard on the eyes

Haha, I wouldn't be surprised that it'll still sit tall! Skoda give us the fun of being able to mod our cars slightly after ordering them I guess!? 

Offer decent kit, leather, plenty of options and it'll sell well. I think the current Mk2 has sold pretty well to considering almost every other car I now see is a Fabia!

I reckon so yeah. Anything thats priced right can sell though i guess.

Im happy with my fabia, i like it, but iv seen plenty of comments saying its one of, if not the worst car in skodas range.

Its all very opinionated but aslong as they dont get too over excited with the pricing, i dont see why it cant do well. I quite like the look of it.

I do like the rapid quite alot though.

Hmm looking closer, I don't think the coloured roof option will stay... also noted indicator lenses in the mirrors, and closer to the front grill possibly? 

I reckon so yeah. Anything thats priced right can sell though i guess.

Im happy with my fabia, i like it, but iv seen plenty of comments saying its one of, if not the worst car in skodas range.

Its all very opinionated but aslong as they dont get too over excited with the pricing, i dont see why it cant do well. I quite like the look of it.

I do like the rapid quite alot though.

It wasn't a bad car, I had one and there was many improvements from the mk1, but they seemed to have got the mk1 so right that it felt like a step too far in cutting corners. 

The mk3 should be back to where the mk2 should have been - shame they didn't use the Joyster as a styling base for the mk2! 

• Like 1

It wasn't a bad car, I had one and there was many improvements from the mk1, but they seemed to have got the mk1 so right that it felt like a step too far in cutting corners. 

The mk3 should be back to where the mk2 should have been - shame they didn't use the Joyster as a styling base for the mk2!

Iv never had a mk1 tbh. I did drive a 2005 polo for 2 years though, and my mk2 fabia is miles ahead of that imho.

Hmm. The mk2 is a little high isnt it haha. The new shape polo looks alot wider and lower i think. The fabia could do with taking a leaf out of vw's styling on that front i think.

I'm pretty sure the whole of vag is pretty incestuous with regards to their design language at the moment! Yes they've got their own features but its questionable sometimes. Long live the fabia! :)

Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_342 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Here's my version, spent a little more time though... made it grainy to hide my mistakes! 

Fabia+3+Mock+.jpg

roof+black.jpg

I could be completely wrong but it's what the creases could show. 

Like it. Still Fabia-ry but sharper :)

<snip> The new shape polo looks a lot wider and lower I think. The Fabia could do with taking a leaf out of VW's styling on that front I think.

Wide cars are a pain on modern congested city streets and/or on narrow country lanes.

Low cars lack headroom and internal space.

Tall and slim wins out every time ;)

As to the alleged photos, they don't look all that different from the Mk II but tell us nothing about the engine or the features which are what really count - all modern volume production cars are deigned by computer, they are going to look pretty much the same.

• Like 1

Wide cars are a pain on modern congested city streets and/or on narrow country lanes.

Low cars lack headroom and internal space.

Tall and slim wins out every time ;)

Yeah. Styling can so a lot to make a car look wider though, even if it isnt.

Iv never had a mk1 tbh. I did drive a 2005 polo for 2 years though, and my mk2 fabia is miles ahead of that imho.

Hmm. The mk2 is a little high isnt it haha. The new shape polo looks alot wider and lower i think. The fabia could do with taking a leaf out of vw's styling on that front i think.

According to an article on a Czech site the new one will be 4cm wider and 3cm lower than current.

External dimensions mean nothing. My last car was a Pug 207 and it's replacement, the 208, is both smaller and lighter yet has more interior space and a bigger boot.

It's all to do with the packaging, Skoda have been quite good lately with this, look how much interior and boot space the Rapid and Octavia have.

Until it's released it's all speculation anyway.

A whole 1 1/2" in width extra ,

that really is the difference between Oooo  & Ahhhh.

& 1" & a bitty lower.

Well 'Squat' that is not.

That will make more difference than you realise...

Think how much better a Fabia MC looks than the standard Fabia, and that is only 15mm lower on the suspension and a teeny bit wider with the wheel arch extensions.

I think I like the new back end, but regarding the front I will take the current vRS's sport mask every time, it really sets it apart from the rest of the Fabias and Montes, especially the protruding front spoiler. If no mk3 vRS is made and the pictures above is how all Fabias will look I wouldn't be interested at all. Though I have a soft spot for subtly sporty bodykits so what would I say anyway...

• Like 1

This is more recent from Auto Express, 20th May 2014.

you can often get the idea that they have no real Factory Leaks, just copy the others stories, from Australia & India.

http://autoexpress.co.uk/skoda/fabia/87107/new-skoda-fabia-spied

As to Skoda Official Dimensions, and Stance, Height, Clearance, and what looks lower etc.

Look at the Fabia Mk2 Heights and Clearances that Skoda put in brochures.

Roof Height from the Ground, and ground/Clearance.

They can show, 5 mm differences in Clearances because of Undertrays and the likes,

& 1 or 3 mm differences in the height to the roofs.

(mm not cm)

Rubber side Protectors on a car can make the Exterior measure 4 cm wider excluding the mirrors.

So staying with the PQ platform to cut costs

It's on the PQ26 platform which is the newest available, and the same as the facelift Polo so it can use the new belt-driven TSI engines.

I think the next size of car to get the MQB platform is the new Passat & Superb.

Just been talking to the Skoda salesman today while my car was getting it's first free service and he reckons the new Fabia won't be available until early next year.

His boss has been to the factory to see them and there was a pre built Monte version which apparently looks good.

Could be just speil but guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Sent from my RAZRi using Tapatalk

It's on the PQ26 platform which is the newest available, and the same as the facelift Polo so it can use the new belt-driven TSI engines.

I think the next size of car to get the MQB platform is the new Passat & Superb.

With Skoda being part of the VW Group, initial reports suggested the hatchback would be based on the versatile MQB platform, which underpins a whole host a models from VolkswagenSEAT and Skoda. We now know the Fabia will use a modified version of the current PQ architecture to help reduce costs.

Read more: http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/skoda/fabia/87107/new-skoda-fabia-spied#ixzz32eYBWbbV

As long as they drive well,  steer, handle, stop, ride well.  The name and numbers of the platform hardly matter.

So Skoda have no excuse, with Fabias they had the Mk1, the Mk2,  the Mk2 FL. 

they know what worked, and what was wrong.

They have tried and tested the Mk5 Polo FL,  built them and selling them.

Sorted the Steering and suspension surely by now as they take them testing and forward to Type Approval.

(Do they need Type approval if they actually are using Modified Platforms before January 2015,

is that what they are doing, 'Save Money', face lift, change engines, but also some panels.

ie, not a new car.)

So the Replacement for the Fabia Mk2 about to be revealed and released must be perfect,

the pinnacle of all that Experience, a perfect handling car,

conceived from real life users and Knowledge, they know how to make them, they have all that Motorsport Heritage,

they can fit the correct tyres, good components, the full shooting match.

Not starting afresh with all new technology, and building so many lemons as in the past.

Vorsprung Durch Technik, but said in CZ.

• Like 1