new fabia 3 real pics

talking about interpretations here is mine for the R5.

skoda-fabia-2014-1_zps6165ae4f.jpg

Now THAT's what I'm talking about!!! Hell yeah!!  :love:  :love:

10649461_680392472053217_639891999838423

Could be worse I suppose! 

• Like 2

Is it just me, or are those Climatronic controls reminiscent of an old fashioned car radio?

Climate controls look like a revamp of the current system in the Fabia II, Roomster and Rapid.

However my personal dislikes are;

function control switches distractingly split between below radio and drivers outer vent

tacky wide 'band' of coloured finish on dash

lack of a defined 'central' dash area (gives the impression the dash is flat and featureless)

shape of the radio

cheap afterthought panel at the bottom for the MDI connections and 12v socket

Bit of a list then :S

TP

Climate controls look like a revamp of the current system in the Fabia II, Roomster and Rapid.

However my personal dislikes are;

function control switches distractingly split between below radio and drivers outer vent

tacky wide 'band' of coloured finish on dash

lack of a defined 'central' dash area (gives the impression the dash is flat and featureless)

shape of the radio

cheap afterthought panel at the bottom for the MDI connections and 12v socket

Bit of a list then :S

TP

Hmmm, you'd agree that it's a step above the current Fabia though, right?

Agree on the panel for the USB/Aux in, but not much else.

The coloured panel will break up the black dash and make the interior more personalis-able.

I like the way it is still tidy, smart and simple like most Skoda interiors but at the same time looks a bit more modern and stylish than what has gone before. Glad they haven't gone faddish or tacky like the Mini/Fiesta e.t.c. but looks a bit more 'youthful' than the Polo to me.

Hmmm, you'd agree that it's a step above the current Fabia though, right?

Agree on the panel for the USB/Aux in, but not much else.

The coloured panel will break up the black dash and make the interior more personalis-able.

I like the way it is still tidy, smart and simple like most Skoda interiors but at the same time looks a bit more modern and stylish than what has gone before. Glad they haven't gone faddish or tacky like the Mini/Fiesta e.t.c. but looks a bit more 'youthful' than the Polo to me.

Quite happy with the current Fabia dash (once they got rid of the silly silver spray paint vent surrounds) but yes it's quite dated and hotchpotch, however something like the Spaceback dash is more my cup of tea than the Fabia III's design.

Must be my age :giggle:

TP

The dash color-coordinated with the steering wheel and the car's exterior would be the best thing in my opinion.

Fabia was always too flat with regards to color. Maybe they are aiming for the VW Up effect.

post-50568-0-49234500-1409083956_thumb.jpg

post-50568-0-29404500-1409083963_thumb.jpg

post-50568-0-80550600-1409084025_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

These are the first undisguised pictures of the Fabia III on the road.

Like the look of that; notice they are using the Rapid B pillar arrangement, which is better than the 'sticky back plastic' on the doors of the current model.

TP

stilo....

I think we get it that you think it looks like a Stilo... However if you feel like posting it another billion times, be my guest.

• Like 3

re post #161,

If it is the first Undisguised 'New Fabia' Replacement MK2 FL Fabia  For 2015,

clearly it is 9 CM  wider (excluding mirrors)

by fitting what must be some the biggest Door Handles known to man kind on any modern car.

Handy for those road side picnic breaks, you can hang your dish tool in them.

Or if available cheap enough, use them as Hand Rails in Disabled Shower / Wet rooms.

Edited by goneoffSKi
  • Like 2

The pics in post #161 can not be Un-disguised,

because if that car was as is going to be on sale, you would be buying a car that looks like 

the Sills were Fitted at 'Kerbside Auto's and someone could not be bothered to sand and finish the Body Filler.

Lets hope Mud Flaps come fitted as standard, or at least are available for fitting before the car is driven in the UK in the winter of 2014 /15

I can just imagine where the Dirt and Slush is going to be hitting on the lower car body as the images currently available show the body panels.

These are the first undisguised pictures of the Fabia III on the road.

Oh dear...look at those door creases.

You'll ding the lower front door edge nearly every time you open the door.

Needs Citroen Cactus blow up door protectors...

A look of a solid dogs poo can look more acceptable than a runny one,

it is still a dogs poo though, and to those interested in dogs poo the differences are obvious.

The New Fabia will hopefully be very acceptable in looks.

(i thought the drawer reference was on the door handles.)

Did the Top Gear team use big handles when designing cars for the elderly.?

(The Mk2 Handles are hopeless and you can get lots of scratches of the paint in the door handles area with careless ring wearers.)

I wonder if Skoda will offer the New Fabia in NHS Hearing aid Beige.!

Anyway it looks like it might have a good stance when fitted with 215/45 R17 Tyres and a 1.6 T engine.

that will come hopefully after the success of the R5 Rally car and the big up Skoda & the VWG get from that..

A nice Solid Platform for fitting decent Suspension & Drive Train to, just as they have with the recently released Audi S1, but there they went for a 2.0 TSI.

george

Edited by goneoffSKi