amp install issue.

I've installed a an amp in my pre fl vrs and I'm getting a lot of feedback through the system? It's even worse if the lights are on. Does anyone have any ideas of how to clear this? Thanks in advance.

where have you erthed the amp,  Bad Erthes can cauase alot of problems. so can how you route the cables for the Amp. I used to do alot of cable routing for my mate's back in the mid to late 90's. I always put the power cable up the left hand side, the high power sound cables up the right hand side and the low power (phono lead) up the middle of the car. if you have them to close they can interfear with each other and effect the sound output.

The power is running down the left hand side with the remote wire. Then the phonos I've run down the right hand side. The earth I used the seat belt mount on the left hand side, but I did clean the bolt and where it's mounted on the car.

Try moving the earth to another place, it might not be getting a good grounding. Where is the amp is there any electrical components near it.if you can try putting the amp in the middle of the boot and see what happens. There was an old trick back in the 80,s and90's, putting an electrical suppressor on the alternator.

did you sand the point down so there is no paint? This is a must

Seat belt bolts really aren't very good as earth points.

Also, when you have bad earths what normally happens is the amp will earth down the rca's into the headunit and blow an rca earth track. This then causes the whine/interference you are hearing.

A good place i'd recommend is using the threaded bits of metal sticking up from the boot floor. Again, sand it down to the metal (past the primer so its shiny)

The seperating the phono's and power is a myth so it makes no difference where they are